Another thermostart question.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coastal-shagg

Reaction score
Ya link don't work mate.... I run a 4 bank on one...

Yeah you can run multiple enclosures on one thermostat, the problem is though that particularly if your using globes, if your heat source in the enclosure with the thermo probe fails the other enclosures continue to heat. A way partly around this is to use two smaller wattage globes in the enclosure with the probe. This way if one blows you still have one globe heating the enclosure and it will hopefully turn the heat off before the non-probe enclosures get too hot. Hope that makes sense!
I`m running two enclosures off one thermostat at the moment and have done for years. I check globes everyday to make sure they're working, the only concern is when I`m on holidays.

Im starting to think its safer just to run a thermostat for each enclosure. hmmm. ok hopefully that attachment worked so you get an idea.

Lots of people run multiple enclosures off one thermostat. theres nothing wrong with it, just wanted to point out a potential problem and a possible solution. But you`ll find most people don`t do what I explained with the two bulbs, I don`t even do it! Ive also found the top enclosures get warmer due to the floor being heated from the globe below. Lots variables, research and trial and error is the key.

Lots of people run multiple enclosures off one thermostat. theres nothing wrong with it, just wanted to point out a potential problem and a possible solution. But you`ll find most people don`t do what I explained with the two bulbs, I don`t even do it! Ive also found the top enclosures get warmer due to the floor being heated from the globe below. Lots variables, research and trial and error is the key.

So if i had the option of using a thermostat for each enclosure then that would be a safer option i.e. i would have to take into account less variables?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back