Do you eat Meat or Dairy - if so why?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why do you eat Meat &/or Dairy

• Habit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tradition

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Convenience

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Taste

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • 'Health'

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Other - please list any other reasons

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ha ha yes ox tongue my dad still eats it to this day even my 4 year old niece who is a very picky eater will sit down with her poppy and pig out on ox tongue...gee we even used to make sandwiches with it...lol..im surprised you mentioned that first and not the chicken giblets lol...

Ox tongue?!?!?

Nothing wrong with offal, infact it is far more nutritious than most other forms of meat etc, Every part of an animal is edible!
The other thing that is blatantly obvious is that the most converted people are young females that are brainwashed into believing inaccurate hype in particular pertaining to the way our food is produced/farmed in this country. I will give you the tip animals raised in sub standard conditions will not thrive, reproduce and grow!

ha ha yes ox tongue my dad still eats it to this day even my 4 year old niece who is a very picky eater will sit down with her poppy and pig out on ox tongue...gee we even used to make sandwiches with it...lol..im surprised you mentioned that first and not the chicken giblets lol...
Don't even know what "giblets" are:? Not sure I want to by the sound of that... And people report/complain when they find chicken feet!...

Giblets are the internal organs, heart, liver etc. Very nice if prepared properly. Ox tongue can be prepared
like corned beef and is also quite yummy. I like some good crispy chicken feet as well. Do you want me to post some recipes?

i will just about eat anything as long as it tastes good. i have just recently tried chicken feet, my father being indian i have eaten ox tongue and my old man makes a great chicken giblet curry.....i would not know how to survive without meat.....and i love milk i have a big bowl of cereal every morning, love eggs fried scrambled omelettes hard boiled....

*big thumbs up*

My mum's Indian and I have fond memories of helping Nana in the kitchen cooking tongue moil. I still can't get over how huge they are lol.

Giblets are the internal organs, heart, liver etc. Very nice if prepared properly. Ox tongue can be prepared
like corned beef and is also quite yummy. I like some good crispy chicken feet as well. Do you want me to post some recipes?
Uh, no thanks

Oh, are you sure? A good tongue recipe is a handy thing to keep. Just in case.

I don't get why everyone keeps going on about the China Study. One google search and I found it has been slammed by some scientists and doctors. Do people research anything these days or just regurgitate everything they read?

I don't get why everyone keeps going on about the China Study. One google search and I found it has been slammed by some scientists and doctors. Do people research anything these days or just regurgitate everything they read?

I have researched the pros an cons for this book. Currently on chapter four. I have also seen every doco (minus one) that was mentioned. I see good and bad in all. Research is a must, absolutely. I found that research through reviews are useless, that reading or viewing the item helps the most. So far, I have found it very interesting and referenced well (almost every sentence is referenced, with a whole chapter on references). You don't have to end up agreeing it, but definitely worth a read. I'm a meat eater and still look into this stuff :)

It’s no surprise “The China Study” has been so widely embraced within the vegan and vegetarian community: It says point-blank what any vegan wants to hear—that there’s scientific rationale for avoiding all animal foods. That even small amounts of animal protein are harmful. That an ethical ideal can be completely wed with health. These are exciting things to hear for anyone trying to justify a plant-only diet, and it’s for this reason I believe “The China Study” has not received as much critical analysis as it deserves, especially from some of the great thinkers in the vegetarian world.
One thing you'll never hear Campbell mention, nor have I seen other China Study skeptics come across, is the health of one unique county in China called Tuoli. Unlike the rest of China, the Tuoli ate 40% of their diet as fat, ate 134 grams of animal protein per day (twice as much as the average American), and rarely ate vegetables or other plant foods. According to the China Study data, these people were extremely healthy with low rates of cancers and heart disease... healthier, in fact, than many of the counties that were nearly vegan. (No big shocker there, but it's something Campbell completely ignores.)

A list of health and nutrition experts that have slammed the study as nothing more than vegan propaganda.

1. The China Study exposed: actual data does not support vegetarian health claims (at Hunter-Gatherer)
  2. China Study Problems of Interpretation (at Whole Health Source)
  3. Polish a turd and find a diamond? (at PaNu)
  4. The China Study: Junk Science and Lies (at Robb Wolf)
  5. There is no justification for a plant-only diet (at Conditioning Research)
  6. Rest in peace, China Study (at The Healthy Skeptic)
  7. “The China Study”, Debunked (at Theory to Practice)
  8. "The China Study: Fact or Fallacy?" (at Let Them Eat Meat)
  9. Destroying China (the Study that Is) (at Aspire Natural Health)
  10. The China Study Discredited (at Food Renegade)
  11. The Study Everyone Talks About: Part 2: The Ravaging Reviews (at Feasting on Fitness)
  12. Debunking The China Study (at Crossfit 1776)
  13. The Debunking of the China Study (at TJ's Gym)
  14. Thoughts on Friday from the middle of the road! (at A Moderate Life)
  15. A Critique Worth Reading (at For His Glory & for Our Good)
  16. "T. Colin Campbell’s The China Study: Finally, Exhaustively Discredited" (at Crossfit Peachtree)
  17. The China Study: Crushed by its Own Data (at The Spark of Reason)
  18. China Study & T. Colin Campbell: Someone just made you their vegan ***** (at Paleo-ish)
  19. The China Study: Evidence for the Perfect Health Diet (at Perfect Health Diet)
  20. The China Study Has No Clothes: Smackdown Of T. Colin Campbell (at Nutrition and Physical Regeneration)
  21. The slam-dunking of "The China Study" (at the shmaltz)
  22. China Study Shakedown (at Natural Messiah)
  23. The China Study Toppled – A Tale of the Confirmation Bias (at Lean, Mean, Virile Machine)
  24. Slaying of a Hypothesis (at Animal Pharm)
  25. "Epidemiology is Bogus" (at Evolutionary Psychiatry)
  26. China Study Unveiled -- Not Supporting Veganism (at Primal Wisdom)
  27. China fiction? (at The Heart Scan Blog)
  28. The China Study - A Superb Analysis (at Primal Muse)
  29. Chipping Away at the China Study (at Liberation Wellness)
  30. The China study: Debunked (at Food, flora and felines)
  31. Buh-bye, China Study (at The Low-Carb Curmudgeon)
  32. China Study Debunked (at The Red Pill)
  33. Around the Fitness Horn (at x lyssa)
  34. RAW FOOD SOS sobre o China Study (at Canibais e Reis)
  35. Die veblüffende Biegsamkeit von Fakten: The China Study (at Urgeschmack)
  36. Veganbibelns fall (at Kostdoktorn.Se)
  37. Weekend Link Love (at Mark's Daily Apple)
  38. The China Study (at Kat's Food Blog)
  39. Debunking junk science: goodbye china study (at abundant brain & health)
  40. China Study Unmasked (at AgingBoomersBlog.com)
  41. Denise Minger Refutes the China Study Once and For All (at The WAPF Blog)
  42. "The China Study" Considered Harmful (at Metamodern)
  43. The China Study vs the China study (at The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D.)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm noticing a lot of your posts are being deleted on various threads Princessparrot. How are you not being suspended?

- - - Updated - - -

I have researched the pros an cons for this book. Currently on chapter four. I have also seen every doco (minus one) that was mentioned. I see good and bad in all. Research is a must, absolutely. I found that research through reviews are useless, that reading or viewing the item helps the most. So far, I have found it very interesting and referenced well (almost every sentence is referenced, with a whole chapter on references). You don't have to end up agreeing it, but definitely worth a read. I'm a meat eater and still look into this stuff :)

The China study was written that way. To make people believe it. "Wow it is well referenced, it must be true!". However when scrutinised by actual doctors and the scientific community it was found to be nothing more than one sided propaganda. Written to support Campbells theories.

If you are taking the time to read the study then this is worth the time to read too.
http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/cancer/the-china-study-vs-the-china-study/

I love this part about the cancer proteins being from a fungus found in corn and other grains...
"The “findings from India that a low-protein diet represses tumor formation” were the results of a rodent study published in the Archives of Pathology in 1968 that Dr. Campbell wrote about 14 pages earlier in the book. He mysteriously refers to the Archives of Pathology as an obscure journal when it is anything but. It was published then by the American Medical Association and still is today under the new name Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine. But the notion of the paper initiating his quest being discovered by Dr. Campbell in an “obscure medical journal” fosters the impression of him as a leave-no-stone-unturned kind of guy. Even the little throw away but incorrect phrase “obscure medical journal” is part of the greater picture of obfuscation that maintains throughout the book.
The study from India showed that rats given aflatoxin along with a high-protein diet got liver cancer while rats given the same amount of aflatoxin while consuming a low-protein diet didn’t. Aflatoxin is a substance released from a fungus often found in peanuts, corn, other grains and even hay. It is converted in the liver to a much more toxic compound and is often used in laboratory experiments with animals to induce cancer and other problems"

Last edited by a moderator:
Well damn, Snowman. After going through all those links, one could really use a nice home cooked vegan meal.

[video=youtube;CeZlih4DDNg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeZlih4DDNg[/video]

Well damn, Snowman. After going through all those links, one could really use a nice home cooked vegan meal.

[video=youtube;CeZlih4DDNg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeZlih4DDNg[/video]

Looks yum! Nothing wrong with an animal free meal!
A lot of my favourite Indian food is basically vegan. But my favourite curries are lamb and pork.

Cut the tofuuuu turn ther boaarrrdd! Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

You were on YouTube for too long and ended up on the wired stuff didn't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back