Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the poem as tongue in cheek and a bit of fun, until I read this:

lol not a fan of tatts all thos silly people who get their bodies covered in them up the neck on the hands its looks stupid the colour clash with ya clothes and when your old and wrincly ur gonna stand ther looking in the mirror saying *** did i do hahahahahahahh ps i dont mind tasteful ones that mean something that are put in a right place that fit into your bodys flow but i hate patchwork idiots :p

Not to single you out Cathy but perhaps you can keep an open mind and consider my point of view:

No matter how much money you make or how many friends you take, the only thing you take to the grave is the tattooed artwork on your body. It is an expression of your individuality or perhaps a little squiggle done by a mate after way too many beers that makes you chuckle whenever you look at it.

I don't believe anyone is in a position to judge anyone else's life choices.

I myself have always wanted a huge piece of art on my body but so far I only have a small one which reminds me of my (very drunken) 21st when I got it done in a mates backyard. It looks like dirt and many people mistake it for texta. You know what? I don't care :) I could have gotten it covered up or redone (and I may still one day) but it's not about what others think.

The more accepting you are of others' individuality the happier you will be. I don't see how having such strong views about something so inconsequential could be beneficial to yourself or anyone else. Perhaps you should read the news and find a more worthy cause to write a poem about. Alas, who am I to judge. Poetry is just as much an expression and artwork as tattoos are! But I digress...

I actually came here to post this cute pic I saw on fb tonight:

ezute5az.jpg

But I'll also show you my heart tat which i got on my ring finger because I was going through a divorce and decided I was never getting married again. Drunken choices for the win! (The tat, not the marriage lol)

When it got done:

tu9ugapy.jpg

What it looks like now (doesn't help I pulled off the perfect heart shaped scab two days after my birthday!) but I don't regret it, I don't cover it up and I don't care :D

u5ehemah.jpg

Edit: found this today, it seems appropriate.

4uju3yqe.jpg

Last edited:

Not to single you out Cathy but perhaps you can keep an open mind and consider my point of view:

No matter how much money you make or how many friends you take, the only thing you take to the grave is the tattooed artwork on your body. It is an expression of your individuality or perhaps a little squiggle done by a mate after way too many beers that makes you chuckle whenever you look at it.

I myself have always wanted a huge piece of art on my body but so far I only have a small one which reminds me of my (very drunken) 21st when I got it done in a mates backyard. It looks like dirt and many people mistake it for texta. You know what? I don't care :) I could have gotten it covered up or redone (and I may still one day) but it's not about what others think.

The more accepting you are of others' individuality the happier you will be. I don't see how having such strong views about something so inconsequential could be beneficial to yourself or anyone else. Perhaps you should read the news and find a more worthy cause to write a poem about. Alas, who am I to judge. Poetry is just as much an expression and artwork as tattoos are! But I digress...

ezute5az.jpg
That's actually a really cool idea. I might do that with mine, I love colouring myself in anyway....

- - - Updated - - -

Good alternative to me trying to decide what colour I want them ;)

I used to colour in my dad's tattoos! Soooooooooooooooooooooo much fun! On one of his arms he has a huge phoenix and I used to colour each feather a different colour so it turned out as a rainbow phoenix every time :D Oh and he has a big viking coming out of the waves and I used to add in fish and dolphins to the water :lol:.....fun times of being a child ^_^

But I'll also show you my heart tat which i got on my ring finger because I was going through a divorce and decided I was never getting married again. Drunken choices for the win! (The tat, not the marriage lol)

When it got done:

What it looks like now (doesn't help I pulled off the perfect heart shaped scab two days after my birthday!) but I don't regret it, I don't cover it up and I don't care :D

Edit: found this today, it seems appropriate.

4uju3yqe.jpg

Well said, Lawra, well said. I don't think I could have put it better if I tried, and I'm pretty good with words (just ask me lol).

I love your little heart tattoo by the way! Things don't have to be "perfect" to be worth having, I'm sure you wouldn't give up those memories for anything. The things we go through and the memories we form are what make our little story different from everyone else's.. How can anyone say there's something wrong with putting a visual reminder of those memories on your own body? >insert frustrated sigh<

x

Well said, Lawra, well said. I don't think I could have put it better if I tried, and I'm pretty good with words (just ask me lol).

I love your little heart tattoo by the way! Things don't have to be "perfect" to be worth having, I'm sure you wouldn't give up those memories for anything. The things we go through and the memories we form are what make our little story different from everyone else's.. How can anyone say there's something wrong with putting a visual reminder of those memories on your own body? >insert frustrated sigh<

x

Thank you Renae, you are far too kind :)

At the risk of sounding cliche, we wouldn't be who we are today without the experiences we've had: both good and bad.

So I agree, no one has the right to discriminate against the way we hold onto memories.

I'm glad you like my tat :) I think it's cute and I've never met a single person who had one. It's my trashy reminder of a trashy time haha :p

I had an old rose tattoo on my ankle, and I wanted to cover it up...
View attachment 301862

So I covered it up with the inner goddess I see in my wife, complete with matching dragonfly tattoo which is on her back...
View attachment 301863

Many thanks to Warren at Tattoo Culture here in Canberra.

Attachments

• original rose.jpg
    original rose.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 256
  • My goddess.jpg
    My goddess.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 253
Yeah my three as they are atm. My tribal is going to turn into a full sleeve and my back is still a massive work in process.
421157_10150590085896806_1480997630_n.jpg
1481849_10151795468986806_1066397618_n.jpg
524682_445546192235349_1910226627_n.jpg

That is so cool 5potted! 2 'halves' make a whole I'm guessing? :)

Does anyone recon it's weird/wrong/stupid to name your tattoos? Eg my turtle is Keya meaning water flower and turtle

Last edited:
Left arm
6ary5a5y.jpg

Right arm, my fave, done about 12 years ago by Rick senior at splash of colour in ascot vale
zeny2eju.jpg

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back