Tameness

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Species Tameness

• Snappy Jungle

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Tame Jungle

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Snappy RSP

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Tame RSP

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YayPythons

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
just looking for some information from people. Please vote for whatever ones you have. Hatchlings don't count.

Thanks,
YayPythons

Last edited:
We've got two Jungles here, both are fairly placid in nature. One does get a bit flighty when anyone but his owner is handling him, but it's a matter of making your movements slow and obvious. If we think something will startle him, it probably will. My Jungle python Caine, was the snappiest hatchling of the two - they are brothers, but he's the 'calmest' one now. My sister, who's not too keen on handling any other snake but her own Darwin python, happily handles Caine when I ask her to, provided I remove him from his enclosure. He's not cage defensive mind you, she just doesn't like disturbing them.

If you've got your heart set on a Jungle, I wouldn't let their bad reputation for being aggressive affect your choice too much. All snakes have the capacity to be aggressive, or well, defensive, it's just a matter of how they are handled. True, there are snakes out there that are the spawn of satan regardless of how they are handled, but not all of them are Jungles.

we have a range of pythons from spotteds to darwins all are tame as except my albino darwin (spawn of Satan) yet my het for albino puppy dog tame but i would have to say my most tame is my first a spotted one of my children accidentally stepped on her and he bit her when he was younger and she did absolutely nothing to him
ps she was ok got her vet checked

yep fell like a bit of a nit now didn't see the panel for voting and haven' got any of those pythons

I voted a tame and snappy jungle , same snake --in and out of his enclosure he is two different snakes. :evil: in and :D out .

Recently my friend and I bought two Cape York Jungle Pythons, from the same clutch, which are about 11 months old now. His is a complete nutjob and mine is the sweetest little darling you could want in a pet. My RSP is an absolute angel, but we have one at work which is the spawn of satan lol. I don't necessarily think the breed has anything to do with the temperament - you can get good or bad in anything. If you get them young enough, read their body language and temperament correctly and treat them accordingly, you should end up with a good pet.

Never owned a Jungle, but have regular contact with one that should be called Cerberus. Hell with scales.

My jungle is still very young but is an absolute gem :) fingers crossed s/he doesn't grow into a cranky adult like some jungles I've read about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back