Transportation poser....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptalica

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I am considering a Woma purchase off someone in Gosford, NSW. Given he is not willing to freight (respecting his reasons), if by chance I knew someone or say someone on here who lived close by to Gosford and would be happy to handle the transaction is it possible for this to be arranged and was curious as to whether anyone else off here has done the same or similar thing.

Not sure whether they get freighted from Gosford or Sydney.

I am in Melbourne.

Would be more than happy to compensate anyone willing to offer their time.

Cheers,

Ash.

i got my snake delivered by road freight overnight from the gold coast to sydney he sat on the front seat the whole way down cost $220....company called barnett's couriers but not sure if they all the way to melbourne.....not sure if i was allowed to say that sorry mods...

Thanks guys. Yeah just chasing a Woma and trying to hit up someone to do the pick up and get it to the airport for me. All costs etc taken care of at my end its just the logistical side of things.

For anyone in or around Gosford do they fly out of Gosford or do u have to get the animal to Sydney airport???

Give Dog Movers a ring. No need to got to any airport as they pick up from and deliver to the closest main highway both ends and for a really good price. They only move animals so much safer than using AAE.

You might find his reason for not wanting to freight is the hassle of getting an export permit. I know it's easy to do online but it might be just one more thing he doesn't want to have to do. Otherwise if he is willing, Barnetts are pretty good too. I just got an animal delivered door to door from Victoria to Western Sydney.

A lot of the time when people say they don't want to freight is because of the extra hassle it causes not just with getting the animals to the airport but also with extra permits and paper work. Dog movers sounds like a fairly good option and if he still says no, I would put it down to extra paperwork.

On a slightly different note I have seen quite a few stunning womas for sale recently, if you don't end up with the Gosford one.

Is that the De Grey Womas?
I'm considering road tripping down there to buy one myself. :p

with all my freighting i fly out of newcastle. i am on the central coast.... it is smack between sydney and newy airports . Newcastle is easier, less traffic but still a 4-5 hr round trip plus fuel. Take that off the price of a snake and the value for the seller slides real quick.

Yeah out of Newcastle would be the way. Try Fastway Couriers to pick it up and get it to the airport for you. I use them for all statewide freight and haven't had a problem.

The other reason he might not want to do it, and I know some people won't, is that Victoria requires people to give out their full address on the movement advice and not everyone is willing to do that.

Thanks all.

Yeah I think what all us keepers find frustrating is the lack of uniformity between states with regards to their laws, rules and regs pertaining to the keeping and to a lesser extent transportation and freighting conditions of our animals.

But that's entirely another subject.....

Looks like I have a few options to work with now.....

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back