Outdoor venomous snake pit

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

julespython

Not so new Member
Reaction score
What is a good way/design to house some red bellie black snakes in a outdoor enclosure in Vic that will be able to give them sufficient sunlight, but also be fully child proof. Does anyone know where i can find and threads or photos of out door snake pits?

A great example are "Getarealdog" 's posts. He keeps RBB's and Tigers outdoors in Melbourne for some of the year. Check the "Elapid pics" thread.

Heres 1 under a pergola
November12th201122.jpg

& 1 outside
PB060001.jpg

In the second photo is that a rat on the RBB? hahahaha what a beautiful snake :)

these photos are awesome. particularly the two RBBs under the pergola, great to see real plants too. something to aspire to, and nice to see that they could be a great feature for a backyard

What gauge mesh would I need to prevent lowlands copperheads from escaping

I used 25mm welded mesh & then put a smaller mesh underneath it. Keeps little fingers out & depending on how you landscape it the snakes shouldn't be able to reach it.

Would a setup like that be legal in Queensland or do they all have to be indoors in a locked room?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Some of the best outdoor enclosures I have ever seen. Be very proud of those indeed

I must get back to see you again soon Nigel, Ive seen a few outside enclosures lately and none of them come close.
I reckon venom supplies at Tanunda should rip of the idea for their pits as well.

On holidays now so time to do some upgrades & finish off the other 2 tubs before I start on another 2 tubs. Oh yeah think I need to build some more cages for these hopefully gravid elapids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back