Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Havent had a problem with getting them feeding yet. Offer furred rodents. If they dont take them on the first offer leave it overnight. If they dont take them overnight a few days later a little rub of the mouse on a quail and BAM! Havent had any worries yet.

Aaron

i think your confused cali( edit-wait maybe thats me i swear that read something different when i first woke up ) , there freshly hatched womas , thats why he mentions that they should feed after they have a shed , they never would have eaten before in their lives except for the egg yolk they absorbed and thats not eating

from what ive been told about womas slides right , they should start eating no problems after their first shed if everythings set up right , a couple might be slower who knows

Not confused, Just uninformed. I have heard of very few snake species that were "easy" to get started. I guess that is what I get for assuming. Thanks all for the correction.

Regards, Patrick

Not confused, Just uninformed. I have heard of very few snake species that were "easy" to get started. I guess that is what I get for assuming. Thanks all for the correction.

Regards, Patrick
no i was a little confused , i originally thought you hadnt realised that they where fresh hatchies , didnt read your post properly first time with my sleepy eyes

but yes womas to tend to start pretty quick , i got my male of snake ranch when h was just a month old with only 3 feeds under is belt , normally theyd wait for a few more feeds but i guess because his a woma and had a very strong feed response they let him go a little early

While some of u guys start getting hatchies out. I only just got my first clutch. Still got 2 females left to lay.

Attachments

• 1488426_1445948125626279_706362375_n.jpg
    1488426_1445948125626279_706362375_n.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 1420123_1445945832293175_28637274_n.jpg
    1420123_1445945832293175_28637274_n.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 75
Nice late one, have you used those tubs for woma eggs before? Seems way to small, not enough oxygen!! I would not be surprised if you lost a couple

Nice late one, have you used those tubs for woma eggs before? Seems way to small, not enough oxygen!! I would not be surprised if you lost a couple

The SIM incubator tubs work great. You have to remember reptile eggs don't need a hole lot of oxygen to survive. My egg boxes are air tight and I burp them maybe once a week.

Snipercap- that girl has nice pale base colour. I have a holdback boy that has nice base colour like him. Hoping to hatch out a female like him in this clutch with a bit of luck.

Josh- thats a very nice rp. Looks like you got some good condition on him.

Aaron

[MENTION=13275]No-two[/MENTION] did you end up breeding your SA womas this year?

Snipercap- that girl has nice pale base colour. I have a holdback boy that has nice base colour like him. Hoping to hatch out a female like him in this clutch with a bit of luck.

Thanks for the kind comments Aaron. Im due to check and feed her tonight after her week in the quiet corner (although I doubt she needed it) and I'll try get some decent pics up tonight

[MENTION=13275]No-two[/MENTION] sounds interesting. Any pictures of the young female? I'll eagerly await the results. This thread needs some other locales to balance out the NT and WA ones.

Some really nice top of the line boodaries. Going to part with these beauties, just got too many animals lol. Put up 4 pics of the dark ones as 2 of the pics make them look very average.

Attachments

• IMG_2859.JPG
    IMG_2859.JPG
    625.2 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_2877.JPG
    IMG_2877.JPG
    588.2 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF0009.jpg
    DSCF0009.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg