Get home safe

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irbz_27

Reaction score
I'd just like to put a message out there to remind everyone to slow down a bit and get home safe. It's a terrible time of the year on our roads and it doesn't need to be worse because we're in more of a hurry than the next person... Christmas parties, Christmas shopping, finishing work, everybody needs to be somewhere... Trying to get there 2 minutes earlier counts for sfa if you don't arrive at all...
I had my car written off today by a bloke that was in a hurry and decided to go up the side of a road down a non existing lane... Me and my kids are fine and so are the occupants of the other car... This isn't always how things pan out though...
I was just on my way to show the kids the bhp that I've put a deposit on, by the time was all cleared up and spoken to the coppers the shop had closed. Turned out to be a pointless trip in the end anyway...
Please everyone slow down a bit and get home to have a safe and happy Christmas with your families and loved ones. Arriving late is better than not arriving at all

I'd just like to put a message out there to remind everyone to slow down a bit and get home safe. It's a terrible time of the year on our roads and it doesn't need to be worse because we're in more of a hurry than the next person... Christmas parties, Christmas shopping, finishing work, everybody needs to be somewhere... Trying to get there 2 minutes earlier counts for sfa if you don't arrive at all...
I had my car written off today by a bloke that was in a hurry and decided to go up the side of a road down a non existing lane... Me and my kids are fine and so are the occupants of the other car... This isn't always how things pan out though...
I was just on my way to show the kids the bhp that I've put a deposit on, by the time was all cleared up and spoken to the coppers the shop had closed. Turned out to be a pointless trip in the end anyway...
Please everyone slow down a bit and get home to have a safe and happy Christmas with your families and loved ones. Arriving late is better than not arriving at all
Very good reminder for this time of year and I am glad that you are all ok. My mate was one of those drivers in his V8 commodore and did a similar thing (non existing lane) but unfortunately the driver of the other car was a 50 year old man with a wife and kids and the man alone in the car died. His life was ended , his wife lost her life partner and his kids lost their father. My mate went to jail for dangerous driving causing death and his life was changed forever as well, he was a different person, his mum and dad went though a lot of stuff and ended up divorcing from the stress placed on them. Then there was the people at the scene who saw the horrific incident and who knows how long they carried that image. Your choices affect so many people when you are in charge of a lethal weapon. When you put it all in perspective if you travel at 20km/h over the limit for 10 minutes you will travel about 3.4 km further in that time and you are travelling at 120km/h you will arrive about 1.6 minutes earlier , is it really worth it?

Hint for safe Xmas driving, assume everyone else on the road is an idiot and give yourself enough space and time to react accordingly.

Also please don't drink and drive. Think what you could buy with the money instead of paying a fine let alone killing someone or yourself.

Joe.

PS glad your all ok.

I did 10 years in the local fire service. In that time I attended many MVA's (Motor Vehicle Accidents), one of the worst would have to be a head on on the Bruce Highway between two sedans. Both on their way to spend Christmas holidays with relatives. The sight of 2 dead children and xmas presents strewn across the road still haunts me to this day.

As we used to say "Let's not meet by accident".

Slow down and stay safe.

Stay Safe...Stay off the roads you may live longer

There are drowsy driver kits available for those that take it seriously, ....part of the kit is a DVD to learn the signs of driver fatigue ... IMO invaluable

The army/mines use these kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back