Single or double story

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

princessparrot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
So I bought this thing to make into a new enclosure for my woma as her birthday present, but I can't decide whether to make it one or two story. I was just thinking one at first but then someone suggested double. Each shelf is at least 3 times as big as her current home(click clack) so I'm wondering if one would be enough. She's currently about four feet. I took some pics of her in it to see what you thinkimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Why do my pics always turn out upside down...

abateten.jpg
quba5e5e.jpg
y2y9ysu6.jpg

While womas are terrestrial mine like to have a bit of a climb. Having more height allows for better thermal gradient but placing vents well will help with this. What it comes down to is what would you like to do and to look at?

- - - Updated - - -

Nice PJs by the way lol.

While womas are terrestrial mine like to have a bit of a climb. Having more height allows for better thermal gradient but placing vents well will help with this. What it comes down to is what would you like to do and to look at?

- - - Updated - - -

Nice PJs by the way lol.
Haha thanks :p ,

I like just the top bit but I want what's best for her

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I'm thinking I might just use the top bit. It already has lights and stuff and I can always upgrade it if I need to ;)

Good thing about letting her have two stories, is that she has the means to go down away from the heat. It is no better than length and having heat at one end but while woma's are ground dwellers I am sure they like to perch up on the shelf to bask in sunshine .

BTW - just as well you are wearing pants. Reflections in glass can be very revealing without realising it.

Lol is that Hello Kitty? ;)
On topic though, I am always worried about cage size. (New laws yadda yadda) I'd be paranoid this would be too small. But seeing this makes me feel better about enclosure hunting for my yearling Jungle :) Large ones are so expensive. But I still like to go as big as I can.

Last edited:
Whatever you decide on, she will appreciate a relatively deep litter layer. My womas love burrowing around in their shavings. I have an elevated tile basking platform for my male and a tile on the ground for my female. I think I like the elevated one better. The tiles spread the heat nicely.

Lol is that Hello Kitty? ;)
On topic though, I am always worried about cage size. (New laws yadda yadda) I'd be paranoid this would be too small. But seeing this makes me feel better about enclosure hunting for my yearling Jungle :) Large ones are so expensive. But I still like to go as big as I can.
No. They're cows.

That was just a quick check to see what she thought of it. I still have abit to do

- - - Updated - - -

Don't think having exposed heat cord and tape is very wise. Tape can cause some terrible scale damage. And a bare heat cord can inflict burns.
That was just a quick check to see what she thought of it, and making sure all the stuff worked. I still have abit to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back