female beardy maybe pregnant

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geckoboy2001

Reaction score
Hi i got a female beady a month a go and theres been some action and i was wondering how to tell if see has eggs i tried to candel here but here scails are think and i could not see anything please help me

Oh dear.
You cannot "candle" her..
How long ago did she mate? Its usually about 3 weeks after they will lay, you may not notice until the last few days when u will be able to feel the eggs inside her.
If they did mate she is probably Gravid.. are you prepared to look after eggs and babies?

No but I have a mate who will incubat them for me
How much will babies be worth

Yes saw it 4-5 times and I saw them when I was about to go to school then when I came home they were still on top of each other

You mean like this?
ebu6e3et.jpg

Did you hold a candle up to your dragon?

Serious question.

Babies will be worth 50, if you are trying to make cash of them, i wouldnt be breeding them.. babies need around 15-20 crickets per day along with greens, each
you wont make money unless your a big breeder

- - - Updated - - -

Did you hold a candle up to your dragon?

Serious question.
+1

Yes there where on top of each other and when I first saw them my male was waving and bobbing like a crazy man.
And no I did not hold a candle to the bearded dragon I'm stupid but I'm not that stupid

- - - Updated - - -

When you said a few seconds I go to school so I think I witnessed them mating but when I came home they maybe where on top of each other for no reason goes I've seen them sleep on each 2-3 times

Yes there where on top of each other and when I first saw them my male was waving and bobbing like a crazy man.
And no I did not hold a candle to the bearded dragon I'm stupid but I'm not that stupid
Head bobbing is a sign of DOMINANCE not mating

Lift her gently by the tail off the ground. You will clearly see bumps (its looks like she would of had a meal of marbles). If she is bumpy make up a lay box in readyness for the eggs. Might be a good idea to ask for a couple of reptile husbandry books for Christmas.

Cheers

they are both 2.5

Awesome..... 2.5 what? Years? Months?
I suspect one is just sitting on top of the other (sign of dominance) but keep a laying box in there with her just incase and separate them.

That's not a picture of beardies mating my young friend it's dominance as stated by Fractal_man. Listen to Eippers advice. He's one of the few people on here that really knows what their talking about.

Threads like these shows why it should be mandatory to show the age of the people posting. I have a feeling that some of you are giving a rough time to a keen young kid.

cheers,
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back