Do you eat Meat or Dairy - if so why?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why do you eat Meat &/or Dairy

• Habit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tradition

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Convenience

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Taste

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • 'Health'

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Other - please list any other reasons

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously it is my choice to be Vegetarian, just as it is your call to be a meat eater but to ignore simple facts about health benefits of vegetarian or vegan diets & instead to make fun of them in my opinion is not only foolish, but very close minded.
There is so much that can be learned from these types of diets and Imo you let yourselves down if you become too stubborn to accept that someone else's lifestyle can & would benefit you.

Many people choose to be vegans or vegetarians for health, and are not as radical as some of you seem to think.
Considering science is in favor of consuming a plant based diet, personally I think trying to insult people who don't eat meat is a great approach to lose credibility.

Why do you meat advocates disregard all the research that shows that Vegetarian or Vegan lifestyle is healthy & Consuming Meat & Dairy is not.
We have tons of research too to support this lifestyle choice.
Vegetarians are generally associated with living longer than meat eaters, and have lower rates of disease.
Statistically vegans, have lower rates of diseases than vegetarians.

I have personally read hundreds of case studies, people who have even reversed devastating and life threatening diseases by following a whole foods diet that excludes meat, dairy, and eggs.

Yea sure there are plenty of vegan nuts and I'm sure there are unhealthy vegans as well since eating vegan does not mean eating healthily, but even with that, the statistics are still in their favour.
My own personal experience tells me that I feel better when I eat whole foods and avoid animal products.
If that isn't a reality for you, then you have every right to make a different choice.
Just please stop belittling mine.
If you have never tried a vegetarian or vegan diet than it may be difficult for you to judge.
I respect your right to make your own choices, but I do not respect people who come to our tables with hateful and biased opinions.
If you don't have any real facts to bring to the table, I would suggest you take the time you spend writing uninformed and rude comments to do some more reading.
You don’t need to look far to find results either.

I realise that most of us will lean towards the studies and conclusions that suits them best.
All you can do is read up on both sides with an open mind and make your own judgement.

However there is no denying there is very good evidence to say a vegetarian or vegan diet is an excellent option for humans.
& surely I am not the only one that has family or friends with common health problems & diseases?
Dietary & digestive problems, high cholesterol, blocked arteries, Heart disease & failure, gout, diabetes, hypertension, Diverticulitis, Cancer and other lifestyle related diseases!?.....

After doing plenty of my own research I believe the minimal nutrients meat has to offer are far outweighed by its detrimental effects.

Meat is acidic in the human body, which leads to inflammatory responses and disease. It is also, too high in protein and fat for optimal health.
We have no protein taste receptors like carnivorous animals do, so we have to cook and season our meat to really enjoy it.
Whereas fruit to us smells, looks, and tastes good without any of that, (and also provides b12 if unwashed from the garden) and plenty of amino acids, and all other nutrients - especially when supplemented with leafy greens, and is not mucus forming or acid forming (disease causing) as animal foods are.

Even the American Institute of Cancer Research (
www.AICR.org.)has sponsored academic research that clearly reveals that the more red meat you eat the higher the incidence of colon, breast, prostate, pancreatic and other cancers!!

Seems that people who have either personal interests in the meat and dairy industry or who simply have a preference for eating meat and animal products because it tastes good and they feel they cannot live without it are the ones determined to put down people who choose to make a different choice.

In my opinion much of this starts and ends with the government organisations that "oversee" what it is that "we need"
- What a pile of crap. These agencies are as corrupt as the administration.
Really, it doesnt take Einstein to understand that a former CEO or board member of the Dairy Association shouldnt be making decisions as to what "we" need to have in our diet, and then no shock when there is an increase from 1 to 2 cups of "milk".
Im sorry but people need to get real, we are being sold out to profit for companies that produce dairy and meat..
..if anyone was REALLY concerned about us, many practices would cease when it comes to animals & health standards, regulations etc....but noone really cares as long as they are still making a fortune.

My current thinking is that the reason I ate meat for most of my life, is I was taught that I needed it & I was somehow taught to accept it and then I became addicted. I loved eating meat as much as anyone.
To try the alternative I had to first break the addiction.
Which seems a little daunting at first but for myself, I have found the great benefits of eating natural!
Feels good, tastes just as good! And nothing is hurt in the process!
It's 2013 and in my opinion there is no justification for eating animals when we have so many alternatives, particularly when there is more than enough evidence that plant based diet is clearly superior to a meat based diet.
You can't argue with clinical results and lab numbers.

& As long as I ensure I get the nutrients, minerals & vitamins I need within my diet then I dont see the problem with a vegetarian or vegan diet & I would prefer to eat fresh whole foods and people think that I am different or weird & look down on me, rather than follow the herd knowing the risks.

At the end of the day I am more than happy with my choices!

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve-O is a vegan. That there is reason enough to eat as much meat and dairy as you can.

I guess it's all about what you eat to substitute for the meat and dairy you miss out on. Every once in a while I'll do a raw vegan food cleanse followed by a vegetable juice fast as a detox - it makes you feel so bloody unreal! I'd love to lead that kind of lifestyle however you have to be committed to the extra time and money it takes to substitute for what you it out. You really need those superfoods in your diet every single day to compensate. I guess there will always be that unhealthy image of vegetarians because most live off wheat and pasta and tofu, and most raw vegans are extremists because of the relationship they have with animal cruelty.
For me, people can eat whatever they like, for whatever reason. I choose to eat meat simply because I am not 100% committed to the extra time and money in not eating it at this point in my life. However I do feel healthier without it and that would be my reasoning, whereas others feel healthier with it, every BODY is different. I have however, become more aware about the process of farming (whether factory or organic) to reach my dinner plate and the chemicals that may be involved. In the end, if someone is quite happy eating a Big Mac meal as their three meals a day, or chew on lettuce their whole life, good for them I say! :)
This argument as to what's healthier will never, EVER end, the science will never end, so let's all be happy as carnivores/herbivores/omnivores (basically anything anti-cannibal) together, without pushing at all onto each other :)

Steve-O is a vegan. That there is reason enough to eat as much meat and dairy as you can.

Well that explains why he purposely vomited up that goldfish... Haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously it is my choice to be Vegetarian, just as it is your call to be a meat eater but to ignore simple facts about health benefits of vegetarian or vegan diets & instead to make fun of them in my opinion is not only foolish, but very close minded.
There is so much that can be learned from these types of diets and Imo you let yourselves down if you become too stubborn to accept that someone else's lifestyle can & would benefit you.

Many people choose to be vegans or vegetarians for health, and are not as radical as some of you seem to think.
Considering science is in favor of consuming a plant based diet, personally I think trying to insult people who don't eat meat is a great approach to lose credibility.

Why do you meat advocates disregard all the research that shows that Vegetarian or Vegan lifestyle is healthy & Consuming Meat & Dairy is not.
We have tons of research too to support this lifestyle choice.
Vegetarians are generally associated with living longer than meat eaters, and have lower rates of disease.
Statistically vegans, have lower rates of diseases than vegetarians.

I have personally read hundreds of case studies, people who have even reversed devastating and life threatening diseases by following a whole foods diet that excludes meat, dairy, and eggs.

Yea sure there are plenty of vegan nuts and I'm sure there are unhealthy vegans as well since eating vegan does not mean eating healthily, but even with that, the statistics are still in their favour.
My own personal experience tells me that I feel better when I eat whole foods and avoid animal products.
If that isn't a reality for you, then you have every right to make a different choice.
Just please stop belittling mine.
If you have never tried a vegetarian or vegan diet than it may be difficult for you to judge.
I respect your right to make your own choices, but I do not respect people who come to our tables with hateful and biased opinions.
If you don't have any real facts to bring to the table, I would suggest you take the time you spend writing uninformed and rude comments to do some more reading.
You don’t need to look far to find results either.

I realise that most of us will lean towards the studies and conclusions that suits them best.
All you can do is read up on both sides with an open mind and make your own judgement.

However there is no denying there is very good evidence to say a vegetarian or vegan diet is an excellent option for humans.
& surely I am not the only one that has family or friends with common health problems & diseases?
Dietary & digestive problems, high cholesterol, blocked arteries, Heart disease & failure, gout, diabetes, hypertension, Diverticulitis, Cancer and other lifestyle related diseases!?.....

After doing plenty of my own research I believe the minimal nutrients meat has to offer are far outweighed by its detrimental effects.

Meat is acidic in the human body, which leads to inflammatory responses and disease. It is also, too high in protein and fat for optimal health.
We have no protein taste receptors like carnivorous animals do, so we have to cook and season our meat to really enjoy it.
Whereas fruit to us smells, looks, and tastes good without any of that, (and also provides b12 if unwashed from the garden) and plenty of amino acids, and all other nutrients - especially when supplemented with leafy greens, and is not mucus forming or acid forming (disease causing) as animal foods are.

Even the American Institute of Cancer Research (
www.AICR.org.)has sponsored academic research that clearly reveals that the more red meat you eat the higher the incidence of colon, breast, prostate, pancreatic and other cancers!!

Seems that people who have either personal interests in the meat and dairy industry or who simply have a preference for eating meat and animal products because it tastes good and they feel they cannot live without it are the ones determined to put down people who choose to make a different choice.

In my opinion much of this starts and ends with the government organisations that "oversee" what it is that "we need"
- What a pile of crap. These agencies are as corrupt as the administration.
Really, it doesnt take Einstein to understand that a former CEO or board member of the Dairy Association shouldnt be making decisions as to what "we" need to have in our diet, and then no shock when there is an increase from 1 to 2 cups of "milk".
Im sorry but people need to get real, we are being sold out to profit for companies that produce dairy and meat..
..if anyone was REALLY concerned about us, many practices would cease when it comes to animals & health standards, regulations etc....but noone really cares as long as they are still making a fortune.

My current thinking is that the reason I ate meat for most of my life, is I was taught that I needed it & I was somehow taught to accept it and then I became addicted. I loved eating meat as much as anyone.
To try the alternative I had to first break the addiction.
Which seems a little daunting at first but for myself, I have found the great benefits of eating natural!
Feels good, tastes just as good! And nothing is hurt in the process!
It's 2013 and in my opinion there is no justification for eating animals when we have so many alternatives, particularly when there is more than enough evidence that plant based diet is clearly superior to a meat based diet.
You can't argue with clinical results and lab numbers.

& As long as I ensure I get the nutrients, minerals & vitamins I need within my diet then I dont see the problem with a vegetarian or vegan diet & I would prefer to eat fresh whole foods and people think that I am different or weird & look down on me, rather than follow the herd knowing the risks.

At the end of the day I am more than happy with my choices!

First of all I would like to commend you on your passion about your beliefs and would also like to say that I am in no way belittling your beliefs nor trying to change your mind but more trying to show you why you have yet to change my mind on eating meat.

Firstly you have chopped and changed your argument from environmental reasons to health reasons which may be valid but it seems like you switch at convenient times to your argument. This alone I could let slide but combined with other reasons it becomes a factor.

You have stated that eating meat causes cancer but I have yet to see a case study that lists eating meat as the primary cause of the cancer. All of the studies that you have linked have meat eating increasing the risk of cancer when eaten in high levels. There is probably more studies around that list eating excess amounts of certain plant based foods as increasing your chances of cancer like sugar and possibly processed wheat.

You have also brought up that meat is acidic and that increases your chances of getting cancer. I know for a fact that there are a lot of plant based foods listed as acidic as well and have actually been on an extremely alkaline diet that included meat. This was two years ago in an attempt to get fit for soccer. I was 35 and I felt the fittest I had been since I was a teenager and was playing at a decent level against the majority of players being 26 years old. Wheat based foods and sugar are a lot worse for you than lean meat in moderation. I actually have Janelle Purcell's book who is a big advocate for the alkaline diet and eats meat so I feel that you have taken meat being acidic out of context a little.

My next point is that there has been equal amounts of links posted refuting the claims of the links that you have posted. This to me would suggest that there is evidence to support both arguments and therefore no need to change my ways but you have instead cried foul and suggest that there is some kind of conspiracy theory between the meat farmers and our government and therefore many other governments. I just can't see this being the case, if there was enough evidence out there to suggest that giving up meat all together was best for us then the government would get on board. It has big negative impacts on the government to have the most unhealthy population in the world.

You have also mentioned that there is a need to cook and flavour meat to make it edible. Meat was eaten without flavouring for many years as were vegetables but we have evolved and found flavouring makes things better. There is a lot of plant based foods that are not edible in the raw state and a lot of people who add flavouring to their vegetables.

I conclusion I am willing to keep an open mind about the subject but you will have to present a lot better case before you will change my mind.

Regards
Andy

attachment.php
How many likes for this yummy meal ? :D

Well said Andynic you are 100% right that is how it is. I ph test my pee occasionaly I like to ty keep my body alkaline all the research shows cancer cant grow or survive in a alkaline body.
What do you guys know about silver water and monoatomic gold for health and mental strenghth, im about to smoke some gold on my tig welder like Obama:)

Well said Andynic you are 100% right that is how it is. I ph test my pee occasionaly I like to ty keep my body alkaline all the research shows cancer cant grow or survive in a alkaline body.
What do you guys know about silver water and monoatomic gold for health and mental strenghth, im about to smoke some gold on my tig welder like Obama:)

Silver water as in colloidal silver? Haven't tried it, however my gold and silver investments says I have enough to try it at home haha. I do the same with the PH strips too haha

I think our intelligence as humans can overcome our instincts as a animals emotions like guilt and empathy can confuse people into a state where they feel uncomfortable eating animals. FEAR NOT People lol

We all have k9 and pre-molar teeth to kill and tear meat.Then we have incisors and molars to grind herb and seeds. Humans are omnivores .
id like to see a snake eat a brussel sprout or snail chow down on a steak

Perhaps not so much steak but there are carnivorous snails.

Really, so that is the cure for cancer then, that's pretty interesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back