Foods Beardies Love?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptile_Maniac

Reaction score
My Beardies aren't so keen on eating their salad so I want to mix some foods that they like with it.

Thanks,
James

mine love carrot, butter nut pumkin, green beans and as a treat only apple.

Last edited:
I feed carrot, pumpkin, kale and parsley to my guys. I grate the pumpkin and carrot and have a manual food processor for the greens, then mix together and throw in a ziplock bag for the week.

There are plenty more foods out their but my guys eat this as well as woodies and seem to be thriving, no reason to change.

Rick

Strawberries. The bright red colour really gets mine going. Only as a treat though.

Are they losing weight? If they are not I wouldn't worry. If they are losing weight, like was stated previously find a treat they like. I would mix a little bit of that treat into there salad mix and slowly wean them off of the treat.

mine love carrot, butter nut pumkin, green beans and as a teat only apple.
Does that mean they only suck on the apple?

Dandelions are awesome tucker for beardeds. They love the flowers and also the leaves. The leaves are said to have more calcium in them than their equivalent weight of milk. In fact, quite a few lizard species are particularly partial to these beneficial garden weeds. You can even buy the plants from places like Bunnings as the various parts e.g. roots, leaves and flowers are utilised by herbalists for their various beneficial properties.

Blue

What about hibiscus flower i heard somewhere they were good and I got about 5 species of hibiscus in my back yard.

Dandelions are awesome tucker for beardeds. They love the flowers and also the leaves. The leaves are said to have more calcium in them than their equivalent weight of milk. In fact, quite a few lizard species are particularly partial to these beneficial garden weeds. You can even buy the plants from places like Bunnings as the various parts e.g. roots, leaves and flowers are utilised by herbalists for their various beneficial properties.

Blue

Dandelions or capeweed? The yellow flowers i get in my grass are capeweed, my beardies all go crazy for them.

Also heard rose petals, hibiscus and other flowers are also loved by beardies.

Rick

Blue

as a TREAT only is what i meant and i think you knew what i meant. chopped into small pieces and mixed with their salad.

as a TREAT only is what i meant and i think you knew what i meant. chopped into small pieces and mixed with their salad.
Yes there is two sides to Blue, serious and logical Blue and then the mischievous Blue with the witty remarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back