Not the end.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news Steve I hope some how it turns around for you, either way have a ball traveling this great country and im sure you wont be short of places to stay/visit with all the replys you'll get from just this forum.

have a great time.

there aren't any words...

Have an amazing adventure Steve. I hope you get to live it all. And more!

S

Best of luck Steve. It's always the ones who enjoy life to the fullest and have the right attitude that last the longest when given bad news. I dare say you will be around for a fair time yet.

Enjoy your trip. Really we should all live each moment like its our last. Being told you may not have as much time as you thought just makes this all the more important.

Wishing you clear roads, clear skies and memories to last a lifetime. However long that may be!!

Sorry to read the sad news Steve.<br>Will be following your blog and having a beer with you in spirit cobber.<br>

Dont be sad mate. I'm good with it. My life has been rich (not money) but with good people and great country you cant go wrong. Follow your passions and life pays you back!

Never met you in person nor spoken by phone or communicated by text, email or PM on this site, but after reading your post's something deep inside me wishes that i had……………..
I hope your remaining journey with family and friends last a very, very long time.
Im off to bed now with a little tear in my eye………….but also with a slight smile……….knowing by what you have written in this thread that your remaining time will be unforgettable !!
Take care Steve.

Never met you in person nor spoken by phone or communicated by text, email or PM on this site, but after reading your post's something deep inside me wishes that i had……………..
I hope your remaining journey with family and friends last a very, very long time.
Im off to bed now with a little tear in my eye………….but also with a slight smile……….knowing by what you have written in this thread that your remaining time will be unforgettable !!
Take care Steve.

That's a beautiful message mungus, thank you for your words.

This is terrible news. I opens this thread fully expecting some beautiful scenery pictures with a funny story. My stomach sank when I read your post. Your outlook is commendable. I've been in a similar situation as your family is in. While I don't know how you feel and I have no right to say I do I know how your family is feeling. I can't wait to see this epic bucket list trip.

P.S I remember you said you would take me places in Australia that no tourist has ever seen. While I would never hold you to it I would love to meet you and darlyn at some point along your trip.

Respect, Patrick

P.P.S my inbox is always open if you two need to chat.

Last edited:
For what it's worth mate, I wish you the very very best.
I hope you destroy that bucket list and have an exceptional time doing it.
Wishing you well from Scotland!

Dan

I'm really sorry to hear this Steve, but I'm glad you intend on making the most of the time you have left and enjoying it. Good on you mate :)

What a bugger of a thing to happen Steve, but I find your attitude to the news amazing, and no doubt you will give that bucket list a damn good flogging. Australia sure has a lot to offer, enjoy every minute of it, and never give up hope.

Another person here who knows you only through your posts on APS, but I was quite upset and very much saddened at reading your post Steve.
On returning to this thread though, I am finding it difficult to mope about being sad for someone who clearly doesn't have the time or the attitude for sadness!
So while I am feeling sympathy for you, Darlyn and your family, it is tempered by absolute awe at the way you have filled your lives with such beautiful memories, and continue to do so.
If by the end of mine, I manage to have lived half the life you have, I will count myself a darn sight luckier than most.
All the best,
Shell

good luck with everything and enjoy your travels.i've always enjoyed your threads on APS .one of the select few i respect.
One thing i always say is you only have one life ,make the most of it. i have had some close friends pass away at a young age who told me the same thing, so i went travelling , so 15 years later and 39 countrys so far ,it has been awesome. Now have a wife and daughter which is another step in life but still get OS when i can. if you happen to come to the Gladstone area,get in touch.there is some magic spots here that most locals dont even know about . all the best
simon

Wow, always enjoyed your posts Steve, that trek into the little visited spot you posted photos of really had my mind racing. Don't know what to say. Thanks for some of your time man.

This saddens me so much, but your positivity and outlook on life makes me realise that finding happiness and making the most of your life is truly what matters most. We don't know each other in the slightest, but know that you have already taught me something wonderful. You are absolutely amazing!

I sincerely hope all the best and you have the time of your life. Enjoy every moment and I truly hope you have an absolute blast!

Jade.

It sux hey Steve, i know exactly how you are feeling, but mine is about 14 inches lower than yours but apparently will have the same outcome, your words and thoughts are an ispiration to me and i will use them as my mantra for what time is left. Unfortunately i can't have the same fun filled "Bucket list" you have made as lack of mobility would make it next to impossable, but i have promised myself if i make it until i am 60 (another 4 years) i am going to do something i have avoided all my life, I am going to get a Tattoo, not just any Tattoo but a phoenix that covers my whole back with the number 60 incorperated into it and the words i made it. I know what you mean by it is harder telling the relatives and friends and some of them i wish i hadn't because they now avoid me because they are uncomfortable and don't know what to say. Just because i can't physically do a journey such as the 1 you are undertaking does not mean i can't live yours vicariously through you so don't forget to let us all know when your blog is up and i will bring out the popcorn and coke zero and enjoy it from my armchair. Cheers my friend, i hope the chemo and xrays give you all the time to complete your spirit journey and then heaps of extra time afterwards to sit back and reflect on it with knowing smiles and chuckles. :) :) ....................................Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back