Pet Shop? Or private?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuzzlecat25

Reaction score
Hey guys I have had 2 pythons before but they were snappy and not the ideal first and second reptile. But what im trying to figure out is would it be ok to get a python from a pet shop? (Spotted) now i was looking yesterday and there were about 5 i think but 1 stood out to me, the other 4 were in their caves hiding but this one was out and about and he didnt seem aggressive at all, although i didnt get a chance to hold him or ask questions, should i buy him if he isnt too aggressive or buy privately? It's just that not many pythons from QLD come up for sale on this site anymore, like nearly 2 years ago alot would come up but not so much anymore, just post your oppinions below please it would help alot, also i do own a license.]

-Byron

30 odd adds on gumtree for spotteds in QLD,surely thats enough.

HerpTrader and RDU are well worth a look. Reputable breeders advertise there, too. If you want a less snappy animal, buy an adult with a known temperament. Hatchlings tend to be snappier. Snakes live more than 20 years, so you don't miss out on too much by buying an adult.

Have a look on fb and find some of the better ant breeders around your area or even get on freighted from someone like Peter Birch. I know that the breeders I have spoken to here in NSW are not selling any good snakes to pet shops due to the fact they will not pay good money. Therefore, they only get the B grade animals. Not sure if this is the same in QLD though.

Ok thanks for the replies guys, i forgot to mention they are about 2 years old

Some petsohps are bad... Some private breeders are shocking and vice versa.

If the snake is healthy from a clean collection and you like it... should'nt make a difference where it's from.

If you live anywhere around the Brisbane area in South East Qld, feel free to pop into our shop (The Reptile Outlet) and have a chat with us. That way you'll get the best of both worlds. We only have experienced reptile people working for us and only buy in from the most trusted and reputable breeders in the country. We follow up with good after sales service as well.
The Reptile Outlet
Shop 6
1118 Oxley Road
Oxley. Qld. 4075.
Ph: (07) 3278 2888

If its the right snake for you and you are getting it from a good source it doesn't matter if it's a pet shop or private. Sure it may be more expensive from a pet shop but ifs it's a quality animal that's more important than where you buy it from.

As stated some private breeders can be just as bad or infinitely worse than some pet shops.

I've got one from a pet shop and one from a private breeder. Both were pleasant transactions.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

If you dont want snappy, get a Beardie.. like it or not all snakes bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back