Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
11425917533_829ab8f973_c.jpg
11425755785_433df675f9_c.jpg

I keep pygmy banded stimis, I have a few cooking too. what you want to know [MENTION=34464]princessparrot[/MENTION]

[MENTION=34464]princessparrot[/MENTION]. I don't keep them myself but care is the same as other stimis. Species are A.stimsoni.

They are just a locale of Stimson like Georgetown, Katherine etc. Different locales have different features. Pygmy are just a smaller locale from FNQ.

Peter Birch, Snake Ranch and a few other commercial breeders sell them. And I think [MENTION=17510]Justdragons[/MENTION] is expecting some as well. :)

@princessparrot. I don't keep them myself but care is the same as other stimis. Species are A.stimsoni.

They are just a locale of Stimson like Georgetown, Katherine etc. Different locales have different features. Pygmy are just a smaller locale from FNQ.

Peter Birch, Snake Ranch and a few other commercial breeders sell them. :)
I am tempted to buy off peter for some reason....

I know they're currently a Stimson, just I've heard that banded pygmys may actually be a new species

[MENTION=34464]princessparrot[/MENTION] I haven't heard that. I suppose some DNA testing and study would have to be undertaken.

I noticed some sites have them listed as Mossman locale. If they really are located in Mossman, which is very much Mac territory it is possibly they have being classified wrong. If they are located instead 20km or more west of Mossman than Stimson would make sense.

I'm a bit confused now. :(

Peter Birch would probably know a lot about that side of things.

Yeah i saw that to on snakebytes. Peters facility is awesome. out of all my pythons my pygmy bandeds are my favourite closley followed by my perthensis.

They are around but not overly common as for a long while people would argue if they existed or not or were a stunted stimi local.

mine eat like crazy and have never struck at me. Im interested to see what the clutch comes out like and how hard they are to get feeding.

I also like that they dont need a 1200 x 1200 x 900 vivarium.

- - - Updated - - -

the folks i got mine off insisted that they(my pair) are mossman valley local. I was told they only come from a 200km radius?

I have bred Pygmy Bandeds the last few years as well,and they have a different head shape compared to other Antaresia in my opinion.There heads seem to be shorter looking compared to the others.I have some hatchies now and will be available soon.

This is my stock standard spotted python.

Attachments

• IMG_3520.jpg
    IMG_3520.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3522.jpg
    IMG_3522.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3523.jpg
    IMG_3523.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 122
Yearling perthensis, Both shed in the last couple of days.

Attachments

• pygs 001.jpg
    pygs 001.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 128
  • pygs 003.jpg
    pygs 003.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 159
  • pygs 004.jpg
    pygs 004.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 136
Status
Not open for further replies.