Leatherback bearded dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saintanger

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
leatherback 001 (823x900).jpgleatherback 003 (900x600).jpgleatherback 006 (900x600).jpg

this little girl is a 66% Het/Hypo 50% Het/Trans leatherback.

will be getting another one soon and can't wait.

i would love to see pic's of other peoples leatherbacks and silk backs.

did anyone else buy any this year?

Very nice little beardie, I bet it will grow up to be a stunner!

Here are a couple of my girls. :) Love the lbs, cant get enough of them!! ;)

IMG_3241.jpgDSC02846.jpg

very nice, they are both stunning. can't wait till mine shows more colour. she is from a rainbow line cross orange/ yellow.

Heres a picture of a hypo translucent leatherback male with a Rick Walker red female and some of their 100% het hypo and 100% het trans leatherback babies :)

DSCF0322.jpg IMG_1415.JPG image.jpg image.jpg

asunetap.jpg
upequ5y8.jpg
tu8u5e3e.jpg

very nice dragons everyone.... Do the hypo dragons still change in shades of colour, from light to dark; becoming darker in cooler weather and vice-versa?

Not a fan of the lack of beardy spikes but they're very cute still :)

Last edited:
Yes the hypos do change colour still- just not as much. They don't get as dark. (Well, mine don't anyway) :)

very nice dragons everyone.... Do the hypo dragons still change in shades of colour, from light to dark; becoming darker in cooler weather and vice-versa?

they can't get dark as they have no black hence Hypomelanistic meaning no black but they can come in all colours

they can't get dark as they have no black hence Hypomelanistic meaning no black but they can come in all colours

I understand what hypo means, I was just wondering if they always stayed the high colours. I use to keep high coloured dragons like the high reds from rick walker. I ended up getting out of them mainly because I got sick of dealing with live insects but always because even the best looking bright red male dragon will turn brick brown at times so I wondering if the leather back, trans or hypo genes effected this at all

Last edited:
I understand what hypo means, I was just wondering if they always stayed the high colours. I use to keep high coloured dragons like the high reds from rick walker. I ended up getting out of them mainly because I got sick of dealing with live insects but always because even the best looking bright red male dragon will turn brick brown at times so I wondering if the leather back, trans or hypo genes effected this at all

I think you will find they are all capable of change,it's a pity but they don't stay beautiful all the time

Hi fist time posting on a forum, havnt figured out how to post a question yet so I thort id just ask in a reply,Im getting a blue tongue lizard and may not alwaysbe able to put it in a outside enclosure people use uvb lights to supplement it,I have a flinders rangers scorpion atm so I have a uv black light my question is could I use it like a uvb ? Any opinions would be appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

Btw how do I post questions?

I'm not really a morph fan, but they are still very nice lizards :)

leatherbacks are looking amazing but the silkies just look a bit deformed to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back