Penalties for killing a snake ever enforced?!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get ready to get all warm and fuzzy ssssnakeman. When I brought up the subject of a snake about 13 years ago my wife said it was her or the snake. About 6 months ago she said yes to a snake from a broken home. Now we have 8, lol. Btw 13 years ago we got a beardie instead.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I have found two blue tongues that have been run over in my local streets. No excuse as it is a low speed area. Would live to have been able to report them.

i myself have been brought up with the notion of the only good snake is a dead snake and have been present when my grandfather and my dad have killed them knowing what i know now that they are so misunderstood i wish that i could go back and stop it, fortunately i can stop my children and teach them the right way i personally think that the best way is to educate people unfortunately there will always be some whom will just kill for the sake of killing but if we reach out and teach just one person they may just teach others like i now do it's the only way i was reformed i now own 10 and have a clutch in the oven baking as we speak and have no intent to stop acquiring more as they are an absolute joy to keep and are just as good at being educational for my kids as they are for all of their friends

I think habitat destruction and feral pests would have a much big affect on the wild snake population. The red necks cat would kill more reptiles then the red neck. Getting a conviction would be very hard, that is why they don't waste the time and money.

We have a beautiful visitor here, about twice a year I see 'her' around , she swings by for a drink etc, last time I saw her I put my cats away and noticed she had a nice belly full. Then about 4 days later I heard that neighbouring block had seen a massive snake in their yard and killed it, I am so hoping it isn't her as she was a gorgeous coastal but I think that my wishing may be in vain. Such morons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i feel the few snake killers each season vastly pales in comparison to what cats (both feral and domesticated) do all year round.

We recently had a brown (1 meter long) decide to make living under our office at work its new home, Many of times people have been scared by it out sunning. And even it decided to try and sneak under the door to introduce itself.

After a few guys deciding to kill it, I showed them how easy it was to relocate it by using a sack and a very long stick!

The local snake guys were more then happy to find it a new home.

photo (96).JPGphoto (96).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back