Not the end.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You rock Steve, I hope you smash that bucket list mate and I wish you all the luck I can.
I was going to say something last night but , your honesty and bravery had left me with out words and a tear in my eyes.
Stay tough mate.

I have always enjoyed reading your posts and the thought that you put into what you say Steve. Sorry to hear the latest news but great to see your attitude towards it. I wish you all the best with your many future adventures and look forward to following your blog :)

What sad news :(
We don't know each other but I wish all the best for you on your grand adventure and beyond! Your attitude says it all, you deserve to be happy and enjoying life and I hope all the wishes on your list can be filled and you can enjoy those times with your loves ones.

Best wishes for your travels :)

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your support and your comments very much. All strength to the lot of you!

Sniper cap sent me a great poem and I hope he doesn't mind if I share it with you because is just a perfect summary of my beliefs.

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion, respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

So true.

Thanks Sniper :)

- - - Updated - - -

It sux hey Steve, i know exactly how you are feeling, but mine is about 14 inches lower than yours but apparently will have the same outcome, your words and thoughts are an ispiration to me and i will use them as my mantra for what time is left. Unfortunately i can't have the same fun filled "Bucket list" you have made as lack of mobility would make it next to impossable, but i have promised myself if i make it until i am 60 (another 4 years) i am going to do something i have avoided all my life, I am going to get a Tattoo, not just any Tattoo but a phoenix that covers my whole back with the number 60 incorperated into it and the words i made it. I know what you mean by it is harder telling the relatives and friends and some of them i wish i hadn't because they now avoid me because they are uncomfortable and don't know what to say. Just because i can't physically do a journey such as the 1 you are undertaking does not mean i can't live yours vicariously through you so don't forget to let us all know when your blog is up and i will bring out the popcorn and coke zero and enjoy it from my armchair. Cheers my friend, i hope the chemo and xrays give you all the time to complete your spirit journey and then heaps of extra time afterwards to sit back and reflect on it with knowing smiles and chuckles. :) :) ....................................Ron

You will be in my thoughts everywhere I go Ron. Many thanks for your comments cobber, I will stay in touch.

All the best to you steve and other sick APS members ,keep trucking !

Steve I was so sorry to read about your situation I have never met you but cannot stop thinking about what must be going through your mind. Make sure you do everything you have always dreamt of mate my thoughts are with you.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Well there you go. I've sold the kids for medical experiments. ha ha no.
Sweetie will be representing her species at Crocosaurus Cove and Ess will soon be introduced to his harem. Neither looked disappointed. we have rain, cool air and thunder atm. and the Poms are on the ropes. majestic! sorry endeavour)

Last edited:
Steve and Lynne I have no words. If the last week has taught me anything, it's enjoy what time we have. Steve you are such a wonderful strong man and with Lynne next to you I'm sure you'll have a blast. Xxxxx

Bugger mate. You're going in with the best attitude and you've lived life with it too. All the best to you and your family.

Well that's one tick to the bucket list. We WON the Ashes, Yippeee!!!! :)

Its only been five years and we weren't supposed to have a chance this year. [MENTION=24884]Darlyn[/MENTION]. A sign of things to come.

I hope people don't think I'm taking the mickey here or anything but this, for some reason, popped straight into my head and the lyrics pretty much say it all. Thanks for being such a top bloke Steve, Walk On!

[video=youtube;OV5_LQArLa0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV5_LQArLa0[/video]

Very sad news. All the very best to you Darlyn and all loved ones around and in your life. Thanks for sharing all the stories and pics of your piece of the world with us. xo

MathewB that's a beautiful sentiment, thank you for being a wonderful person.

I hope people don't think I'm taking the mickey here or anything but this, for some reason, popped straight into my head and the lyrics pretty much say it all. Thanks for being such a top bloke Steve, Walk On!

Thanks Matt. Goodonya.

Holey Moley, you have such a good outlook.

All the best to you and Daryln with the travels. You to have been a great presence on these forums and always been an interesting duo on here. Its refreshing to see to people still in love after the time you to have been together (even if you buy each other weird presents like spiders... :) ).

I hope You get worlds more time than you think and that your travels are amazing. I wish you too all the best on your trip.

Toby

i used to write poetry in my 20's. Even sold a few. Interestingly I started again a couple of months ago. just a few. seems i knew more than the doctors ha ha. anyway hope you like it. I do :)

The floodplains whisper
Sea eagle stares through me from the bones of an ancient paperbark tree
The horizon falters the baking air hisses in protest
I am standing in the sun cold as ice
While the sky burns above me
If it is my turn
No regrets

- - - Updated - - -

G'day smithson, thanks for my 3,000th like on APS. Didn't see that coming!

Well there you go. I've sold the kids for medical experiments. ha ha no.
Sweetie will be representing her species at Crocosaurus Cove and Ess will soon be introduced to his harem. Neither looked disappointed. we have rain, cool air and thunder atm. and the Poms are on the ropes. majestic! sorry endeavour)

The Poms are on the ropes ,what a ***** ,nothing like seeing a mean fast bowler with a moe bowling their heads off ,really does it for me LOL
The girl dog is swearing round here LOL there you go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back