Thermostat probe help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptiles101

Reaction score
I've bought a microclimate ministat 100 thermostat plug the heat mat into it then pluged into the power socket in the wall, I've got an Exo terra terrarium but don't know where to put the sensor, I've tried putting it through the back behide the rock wall but I can't put the mesh back on the top of the terrarium coz the cord is too thick, so how am I able to put the sensor in the terrarium above the heat mat where I need it?

I made a small hole in the mesh and threaded the cord through the hole then behide the rockwall but when I put the compact top back on top it's sitting on the cord, and I don't think that's a safe idea, I've got a pair of thick-tailed geckos.

Maybe I should make a hole in another spot and try the same thing.

Unless you want the wall there as a display feature there is no need for it with the milli, I'd say take it out and leave the lid off.

It should be fine sitting on the wire, I do not think the weight of the light will damage to wire but if you are concerned cut a bit out of the lights metal surround so it does not sit directly on the wire.

Unless you want the wall there as a display feature there is no need for it with the milli, I'd say take it out and leave the lid off.

My cat would like that idea, if u know what I mean ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I've set the thermo to about 27-28 degrees but my thermometer is say 30.3 degrees is this coz the probe's not inside the terrarium above the heat mat.

I've finally put the heat sensor in the top of the terrarium and then behide the rockwall and where the heat mat is, so that's all good now.

- - - Updated - - -

Too hot for thick tails. Dont bother with heat at all.

I know, I'm trying to get a temp of 27 degrees

In not sure you even need it that hot.
I have heard that thickies have been seen hunting around 13 degrees.

My Thickies seem to be happy with it that hot, my male & female had that temp in their enclosure back where I bought them from, so their used to that temp.

They've got a good temp gradient hot end (heat mat) is 27 & the cool end is 19

Fair enough. But they don't need added heat usually. Maybe through winter in Melbourne. Read the section on thick tails in keeping and breeding Australian lizards.
My room temps were about 24 and got as cold as 14 in winter. They occur in the wild not far from where I live though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 41
Why do you need the thermostat probe in the tank? Can't you just attach it to the outside bottom of the tank or the heat mat and then measure the hot spot with a thermometer?

Didn't think of that, thanks [MENTION=35366]RedFox[/MENTION]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back