Raised scales help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JACK0

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for some help with one of my snakes, her bottom scales (locomotive scales ) I think they are called are a bit raised up and she seems really dry and dirty, does anyone know what this means, I am scared that it could be mites or something and want help ASAP, thank you

I can't just yet I might be able to later but if it helps I just took her out in the sunlight then to have a good look and I'm pretty sure she has mites or something because underneath her scales I can see little black dots

you can check for mites in her water dish, or shine a torch and get a close look...cant say much without pics but could be mites and/or scale rot
but im no expert...
going to the vets is always a good precaution, if you have a reputable herp vet nearby!

Yeah it's definetly mites, I can see them crawling all over the place, what's the best way to get rid of Them?

Take her to a vet...
Not sure a vet is needed for mites. There is plenty of different ways to eradicate mites and all of them are explained and discussed in various threads on here if you do a search.

F10 reptile spray read the instructions on the bottle just dont spray directly onto him. And you may need to figure out how he got the mites in the first place

Not sure a vet is needed for mites. There is plenty of different ways to eradicate mites and all of them are explained and discussed in various threads on here if you do a search.
I know :) but he doesn't know what he's doing regarding them. Vet will help stop mistakes for his particular situation. I'm all for people taking their animals to the vet when they get sick. Just common sense.

I know :) but he doesn't know what he's doing regarding them. Vet will help stop mistakes for his particular situation. I'm all for people taking their animals to the vet when they get sick. Just common sense.
I am all for using a vet for a sick reptile as well, maybe the vet will explain better than a thread on here but I would not take a reptile to a vets for mites.
F10 reptile spray read the instructions on the bottle just dont spray directly onto him. And you may need to figure out how he got the mites in the first place
F10 will not kill mites, it is a disinfectant.

I am all for using a vet for a sick reptile as well, maybe the vet will explain better than a thread on here but I would not take a reptile to a vets for mites.

F10 will not kill mites, it is a disinfectant.

Sorry was thinking about top of decent and said f10 for some reason

Thanks for the help guys, I might just go into a pet shop tomorow and try to get some stuff for her, I have read up a fair bit on it so I am game to try it myself but if I don't see a turn around ill definetly head to a vet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back