Would like some advice/help..Please..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goth-Girl

Reaction score
Hi All,
I haven't posted for a while but am always around. Anyway my male Cape York Carpet Python "Skully" has completely submerged himself in his water tub as of the day before yesterday and stay's there 24/7. I got him out yesterday and checked him over and can't find anything wrong with him externally. ie. mites or anything. He shares the enclosure with his sister "Fairuza" who is always close by him as they have a super close bond. However this morning she has decided that she will join him in the tub so they are both in there as I write this to you. Should I be worried as this is out of character for them or are they just enjoying the cool water?? Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated as I really luv all my snakes and am starting to worry. Have enclosed a pic of him in the tub and her wondering why?? 20131213_155607.jpg
..thanks Heaps Guys/Gals..Cloe..

My Darwin spends most of her time during the day in her water. Always has, she just likes it.

I've also seen a few Darwins who like sitting in water bowls.

I dont think anything is wrong, gets pretty warm up here this time of year, my enclosures ive built have better ventilation, but ambient temps still get quite high and still find some of mine soaking for a few days. Have you checked the enclosure temps ?

Thanks for the advice.. Temps are not that high but that's what I was thinking.as he was nice and cool when I got him out.. I will just keep an eye on them..Thanks again Guys..

upcoming/due for a shed? some snakes and other reptiles like a soak to help with an upcoming shed :)

Some snakes love swimming.. I have a Jungle that thinks its a mermaid

My guys often have a soak if they are coming up to shed. But lately because of how hot it's been they have been taking regular dips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back