My darwin python in shed mood.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovemyboys

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey, my Darwin Python has been in shed for a few months, cause he hasn't shed yet, is there anyways I can help him. hes got blue milky eyes

If it has been in a shed mode for a few months then something is badly wrong.I would think a trip to a vet would be in order if that's the case.

Thanks [MENTION=492]Ramsayi[/MENTION] when do Darwin's normally shed? do I just ring up or should I take him in and make an appointment

If it has just gone milky in the past few days, then it should shed within the next 2 weeks. I doubt whether it has been in "shed mode" for the past few months - I suspect you are just very inexperienced. If it clears up and sheds a few days later a vet trip will be totally unnecessary.

Jamie

How do you know it's being in shed for a few months? Do you know roughly how long its eyes have being blue?

I would follow pythoninfinite's advice and give it a week or two to shed? If it still hasn't shed in two weeks then something is amiss and I would take it to the vet.

Ok sounds fairly normal then and you have just misread the shedding signs. As you gain more experience it becomes much easier to tell when they are getting ready to slough and when they aren't. :)

Thanks for your support [MENTION=35366]RedFox[/MENTION]. sorry for misunderstanding of all this

That's alright. I'm a newbie myself. We all have to start somewhere. Enjoy your little one. They really are amazing animals.

Picture didn't work sorry [MENTION=38807]ilovemyboys[/MENTION]

I sent a friend request so you can see him in my photos

- - - Updated - - -

I sent a friend request @andynici07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back