Sunglows are here.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That third picture is a really nice contrast [MENTION=1977]CHONDROS[/MENTION] .

That snake is only a high yellow albino nothing really special going on there and those hatchies are normal abino hatchies and plus any yellow albino would look special next to that white albino.

if u say so

- - - Updated - - -

it good to see people no more about my snakes then i do

here she is with normal albino and she is in shed

Attachments

• zeb 112_1.JPG
    zeb 112_1.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 397
Congrats, that's a nice looking little sunglow you have there. Definitely not the first here though.

CONDROS was the first I ever heard of back when he first hatched it and yes it's a genetic sunglow. There have been more produced since as well.

Hypo in coastals is genetic by the way, it's co-dom. I actually have a full clutch of supers hatching right now.

I do agree with Trueblueboy that it's "only a high yellow albino" because that's what a sunglow is. A sunglow is a hypo albinos, the hypo simply increases the colour and the line of hypo's people are using happen to have a caramel colouration. There not that special in my mind but there's plenty of room for improvement. Moonglows will be awesome though ;)

I think this was the picture [MENTION=30324]yellowbeard[/MENTION] was trying to post. This is straight from their face book page and I have nothing to do with them or this snake.
zadetaru.jpg

@larks the sunglow was only produced last year by precision reptiles and the sunglow what they have isn't even an adult and it looks better than @CHONDROS and adult caramels weren't around 3 years ago because Simon stone was the first in the country to have the caramels and so now your argument is invalid because no one besides simon stone had the caramels back then

Last edited:
@larks the sunglow was only produced last year by precision reptiles and the sunglow what they have isn't even an adult and it looks better than @CHONDROS and adult caramels weren't around 3 years ago because Simon stone was the first in the country to have the caramels and so now your argument is invalid because no one besides simon stone had the caramels back then

You sure about that Trueblueboy? Your to funny. First off the sunglow pictured above just looks like a high yellow albino same as CHONDROS did at the same age. Simon has had caramels for allot longer than 3 years and I've been breeding them for longer than that as have many others. Here's a pic of an adult super hypo/caramel that I produced from Simons caramel line a few years ago.

Attachments

• DSC_0065.JPG
    DSC_0065.JPG
    433.8 KB · Views: 392
I think this was the picture @yellowbeard was trying to post. This is straight from their face book page and I have nothing to do with them or this snake.

Thanks Andynic07, I will figure out how to put up pictures one day lol.

As far as I know the term "Sunglow" is used to describe a snake showing the recessive albino genes and the incompleted (co-dom) Hypo gene as used with Boas. This way when you buy one you know exactly how the genetics will work.

If you can create a "Sunglow" through polygenic line breeding there should be a clear distinction that it is not a "Sunglow" but a "Polygenic Sunglow"

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a pic of an adult super hypo/caramel that I produced from Simons caramel line a few years ago.

Southern cross reptiles / reptile mania have them for sale for $1100-1400 now.

- - - Updated - - -

Here we have the first caramel albino hatched this year in Australia.
this is also the key to producing a moonglow.

Congrats, keep us dated as the colours come through.
Did you use a plain caramel (hypo) or a orange pepper (caramel jag)? from the photo it looks like a plain caramel.
If you are selling any what do you think the price would be?:)

Last edited:
I bought these het caramels off simon stone a couple of years ago. He was the first one to prove out the caramel gene in this country. That's how I know this is the real thing

Congrats on your snake. I'm almost 100% certain the sxr caramels came from mark sim and all they are were a cross jungle x hypo coastal. Its the hypo that makes them co-dominant and I can even remember emails describing a new "hypo jungle" which never really appeared and they were re-named "caramel coastals" myself and several well known breeders who also know this story and even have pics of the first "caramels" bred by mark and someone even still has I think the hypo coastal used in this cross. The same hypo coastal was crossed with a jag and the result was called "orange peppers" this is a well known fact that was recently documented on here in the oranve pepper thread too.. and nothing wrong with this or the caramels. They are nice looking and dont carry the very disappointing neuro condition all jags have despite the nonesense most people quote that most dont show any or very minor neuro.. but we wont get off topic and go there..
Have a good look at the head pattern on these caramels and you can see the jungle in them.. theres other "caramels" both here and o/s that maybe a pure coastal morph but the ones your mentioning are a cross using an established morph (hypo) not trying to cause an argument and just thought you might be interested. But if you still believe this line is some magic mutation that just appeared in a clutch one day thats fine and Im not trying to start an argument or discredit anyone. But really think morphs and crosses should be labeled what they are and the misinformation that seems to have taken hold corrected when possible. Nice looking snakes though and congratulations for your breeding efforts. Cheers

I agree with Colin & Wayne .

Mark S proved the hypo male he got off true blue was a super hypo and Co Dom .
That was before Simon started breeding his caramels with the Mark S stock.. .

I believe True blue has a different line of hypos now.

There is a huge variation in the caramels and super caramel forms.
Also in hypos and super hypos.

Chondros .. , post those comparison pics again if you can ? to show the clear differences.

Also, because there is a lot of variation in the caramel and hypo forms there will be variation in the Sunglows.. I will bet a super Sunglow will be different/nicer again...

Cheers Roger.

Last edited:
I hatched it saximus.
i have more CHONDROS it's not the only one.
your animals that you hatched three years ago are polygenic. Not caramel albinos. You told me that you crossed a hypo coastal into albinism. It's not genetic.

I bought these het caramels off simon stone a couple of years ago. He was the first one to prove out the caramel gene in this country. That's how I know this is the real thing.

Yes saximus. Precision reptiles hatched the first sunglow in the world last season.
this is the first in this country if not the Southern Hemisphere.

There is also a possibility I have pulled off a sunglow jag which would be the second in the world.
Will post pics in another thread as it gets older

Sunglow jag scott (aussie albino) last year

Jungle freak,
Yes you are correct, the pair of hypos Mark got off me years ago was from only one hypo and a hypo-ish animal. I have since put two other unrelated hypos into the mix, so the hypos that I now breed stem from three unrelated hypos and the hypo-ish animal. The two hypos that were added to the original breeding have made a world of difference to the results, but all 4 animals blood is in my line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back