Bearded Dragons and Fake Plants

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joelysmoley

Reaction score
So I'm getting two pygmy bearded dragons soon, and im at a stage of deciding what decorations ect. should go in the terrarium. I am thinking of putting fake grass as substrate and a few fake plants, logs and rocks ect.
Ive heard some stories that they bearded dragons try to eat anything green (fake plants, fake grass).

So i would like to know your thoughts, opinions and/or stories on this, whether you think it is true or untrue.

Thanks

I have three baby pygmies and while I have no experience with fake grass (I have sand as substrate) I do have fake plants. Mine like to lick their plants on occasion but never try and eat them, even the very green one:). They like their salad but seem to have caught on to the fact that food comes in a bowl.

Thanks for the reply, I was going to test that theory (of seeing if they realised that good came in a bowl)
Hopefully mine don't eat their plants and substrate

My central put some chew marks in my fake plants a few months ago but realised pretty quickly.
He likes to lick things all the time, rocks, logs, sand.

Did u have any health problems with like digestion or reaction to the plastic?

I have 4 pygmies (+ centrals also) and no problems with eating fake plants,they are not that stupid.yes they lick things but they lick everything in their environment.

True I see my pygmies licking all their rocks and branches and occasionally the sand which can be worrying at times if they swallow it and its too much.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back