Python hunters

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how the guy's son got tagged by a Burmese on last night's episode. Was his first overnight trek to the everglades and they traveled some 40 k's into the heart of same.

Python - 1
Ranga kid - 0

Funny though as the kid showed no emotion. Either the producers told him to grow some or he was in shock. 8)

Arnt they the chaps that use tongs to catch most snakes.??

An interesting show, but can't understand the mentality of not wanting to eradicate/eliminate these foreign snakes from the everglades. Surely they pose a threat to the ecosystem as an introduced species, yet there is no mention of this on the programs that we have watched.

An interesting show, but can't understand the mentality of not wanting to eradicate/eliminate these foreign snakes from the everglades. Surely they pose a threat to the ecosystem as an introduced species, yet there is no mention of this on the programs that we have watched.

I must have seen different episodes.
I have seen them state the issues of invasive species on multiple occasions. However, if I remember correctly on a recent episode they were talking about the fact that the majority of the stomach content surveys they took they only found things like black rats and other smaller invasive species.

No worries then. It is a good reminder for us here in Australia why it is not a good idea to keep foreign animals as pets.

No worries then. It is a good reminder for us here in Australia why it is not a good idea to keep foreign animals as pets.

Definitely, and so are many other things..... Like the existing cat problem ;)

Every episode that is focused on the burms they state that they are an invasive species that dont belong in that eco system in the everglades.
And you can buy the dvds off the nat geo website

Funny how the guy's son got tagged by a Burmese on last night's episode. Was his first overnight trek to the everglades and they traveled some 40 k's into the heart of same.

Python - 1
Ranga kid - 0

Funny though as the kid showed no emotion. Either the producers told him to grow some or he was in shock. 8)

The ranga kid is Shawn Heflick's son. He's grown up around Burm's and 100s of other snakes. His dad is the only person in the US allowed to own Komodo dragons and the first to breed albino alligators. There's a fair chance the kids had a few bites in his life. lol

I believe they destroy all the wild caught Burmese. It was mentioned on one episode but they don't go on about it as would no doubt upset some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back