New woma :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HayleyChuck93

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to share some photos of my new Boodarie Woma who i am just crazy about after 1 day! He's temperament has improved so much already and I'm so happy with my purchase!
yzu7yne2.jpg
pu8uqamu.jpg
nubahunu.jpg
gupuqeva.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! He's beautiful! Funny how much you can love these littles guys isn't it! Enjoy

Looks like he will be a spoiled little boy :) Glad you are happy with him...

it's only been 1 day, give him more time alone to settle in.

He isn't stressed out or anything when I hold him. He has been keen to get out of his enclosure, so I don't see the harm in holding him.

He isn't stressed out or anything when I hold him. He has been keen to get out of his enclosure, so I don't see the harm in holding him.

Has he fed for you yet? If not then best to leave handling until he is feeding well for you.Keen to get out of his enclosure or trying to escape?

He is really active and keen to get out of his enclosure. He is absolutely fine being handled and seems to enjoy looking around and even just sitting on my lap. And I haven't had to feed him yet, he ate like 4 days ago. Obviously if he doesn't feed when I go to feed him I will handle him less. But for now he is absolutely fine.

The advice from the other members is very wise, you should always let a snake (especially young animals such as yours) settle in to their enclosures for a week before getting them out to handle them. Your perception of what is and what isn't a stressed reptile is still developing, you may not know if your new pet is stressed as reptiles aren't like mammals, they can hide it very well.

I would highly recommend keeping your new scaly baby in it's enclosure for a few days, if it feeds well, you can consider starting to handle it afterwards.

I appreciate every one trying to help. But as I said my snake is fine. He WANTS to be let out. He presses his head on the lid of a click clack, and when I take the lid off he happily comes out on his own accord. This post was just to say how much I love my new snake, I wasn't looking for advice or to be told I'm doing things wrong. I can tell when my snake is stressed, and he definitely isn't. Cheers

Generally when snakes are pressing the lid of their click-clack they are testing the boundaries of if they can escape or not, they are not seeking to be handled. If you let him alone, you will find he settles down after figuring that he cannot get out. The people who have given you advise (with the exception of myself) have years of experience with snakes and only want to do the best by your animals. No one wants to ruin your fun, they simply which to help you have the best possible experience with your animal by ensuring it is happy and healthy. You would be very wise to take the advise of the other members, they have a great deal of knowledge to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back