What kind of spider is this ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marzzy

Reaction score
a8ybybej.jpg

Maitland area

completely disagree. It looks far too soft and squishy to be an orb weaver, also it's inside, they're more likely to be outside. Definitely looks like some kind of huntsman to me, actually looks very similar to the one that hung around our bathroom for about 4 months but has now dissappeared :(
It's got the more rounded legs of a huntsman, and some stripey-ness on the inside of it's legs as well.

To me it looks like a gravid huntsman spider it has the legs like a huntsman that look like a crabs legs

completely disagree. It looks far too soft and squishy to be an orb weaver, also it's inside, they're more likely to be outside. Definitely looks like some kind of huntsman to me, actually looks very similar to the one that hung around our bathroom for about 4 months but has now dissappeared :(
It's got the more rounded legs of a huntsman, and some stripey-ness on the inside of it's legs as well.

inside? are you sure, i have not seen an outdoor chair used inside before nor a hose, also the chair is very dirty for one kept indoors. :p

my guess was also huntsman.

inside? are you sure, i have not seen an outdoor chair used inside before nor a hose, also the chair is very dirty for one kept indoors. :p

my guess was also huntsman.

Ooh! How embarassing :p I glanced at the chair and thought it was the screen top of an exo-terra. Oops :) I was paying too much attention to the pretty spider :)

ETA: just noticed the hose in the background. How observant I am...

We had one of those terrifying creatures in our house a few weeks back, looks exactly the same as that one only much larger. Being the man of the house I had to catch it and put it outside. One of the most terrifying experiences of my life. Used a large see through tub, (normally used for hatchies), to drop over it and a larger piece of very solid cardboard to slip under the tub once I gained the nerve to give it a go. The thing went absolutely mental once confined in the tub, thought it was going to smash thru the tub and attack me. Took the monster over the road to bushes and threw the lot. Retrieved the tub the next day.
Look I'll take on ANY snake in the world no worries, but those things just turn me into a quivering idiot.

Last edited:
its just a huntsman ...... grab it with both hands cupped together and carry it outside. It will most likely bite you a few times or run out between your hands before you get them closed and run up your arm at a great speed..... hahaha.... feels like a greenant bite. goes away after a while. Or push down on it and sort of pinch it together sideways and carry it outside. Great adrenalin rush for the man of the house

Looks like a Neosparassus species to me. Could quite likely be N. diana but without the animal present to examine the underside of the abdomen, that cannot be confirmed.

It is surprising how quickly they can move when they need to. The large abdomen compared to the cephalothorax (prosoma) is indicative of females and when they get really plump it usually means they are full of eggs, as dragondragon pointed out.

Blue

We had one of those terrifying creatures in our house a few weeks back, looks exactly the same as that one only much larger. Being the man of the house I had to catch it and put it outside. One of the most terrifying experiences of my life. Used a large see through tub, (normally used for hatchies), to drop over it and a larger piece of very solid cardboard to slip under the tub once I gained the nerve to give it a go. The thing went absolutely mental once confined in the tub, thought it was going to smash thru the tub and attack me. Took the monster over the road to bushes and threw the lot. Retrieved the tub the next day.
Look I'll take on ANY snake in the world no worries, but those things just turn me into a quivering idiot.

Hahaha ya big girl! Thanks for the chuckle! :)

Hahaha, Hey everyone is scared of something, bugs just arent my thing. I get a christmas beetle on me and I panic. lol.

Hahaha, Hey everyone is scared of something, bugs just arent my thing. I get a christmas beetle on me and I panic. lol.

With there sticky feet that claw on to you even when you twitch and run around.... I hate bugs and spiders.

Yes thats it. mongrel things they are. Those legs that just wont let go of you and want to stick them into your body. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back