Experiences with keeping the Blue Tongue Skink.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You got any proof of that?

Show me where someone has actually made the definitive judgement, based on scientific research, that bluetongues do not require UV. Don't just show me opinion from the net.

yes personal experience seeing adults kept inside there whole life that have no problem and breed every year.... one of my mates has a 12 year old that has never been kept under uv. It has more to do with diet rather then uv, just like monitors....

Young bluetongues need UV, there is no "school of thought", there is UV or uninformed opinion. Your choice.
"LETS" turned this statement around "you" show us scientific research that "proves" BTL's cant be kept without UV ... solar 17

BLIE TONGUES NEED UV LIGHTING WHEN I GOT MINE SHE HAD BEEN DEPRIVED AND HAD MBD. HER OLD OWNER THOUGHT YOU COULD FIX THIS WITH STUPID SUPLEMENTS. NO YOU CANT IF A BEGINNER READS THESE COMMENTS THEY MIGHT GIVE THEIR BLUEY MBD....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have any photos? Can you show us the x-rays from the vet showing it had mbd?

Ive got 13 year old shingles,centralians to,theu have never had uv ,never been in the sun either,the stumpies i raised from a pr i had indoors with no uv for 17 years,all fed predominantly dogfood,zero mbd

Dietry intake is most important,uv lighting isnt what its cracked out to be and if u feed a poxy diet,ones with uv lighting get mbd anyways

People have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much faith in uv lighting as if its a miracle light,its far from it

I think that this argument will never be decided one way or the other...... UV is preferable.... But in some instances not necessary..... But in other instances VERY necessary.... Individual/genetic dependant.... They are NOT Bearded Dragons.......

I could build an argument for both based on experience not heaps of experience but a bit..... Provide D3 in the diet and get them outside a little.... Not that hard........

My girl had a dip in her back before her tail three years ago when i got her not knowing i let it get bigger before she went for a checkup. A vet with over 40yrs of experience said she mbd when he saw her ... Thats all i know and since she has been going out to sun bake three times a week the bump has shrunk significantly. Although this is just my experience... Im not say it can work for others...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back