Just been burnt.....assistance required please.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew I shouldn't have done it and did it out of frustration. The reason it is banned it because of the possible legal ramifications i.e. libel and slander of aps having their name associated with it.

I have moderated boards that are much worse about protecting their image. The penalties are high.

Anyways back to the topic.......

just write his first name into a ummmmmm song

n last name into ya fav beer

n have some fun that way

public forums dont want legal risks attached with this sort of norti behaviour hahahaha

juss set up a group buy and flog the germ

At least contact reptiles down under; they wouldn't want to be known as a site that allows shonks and crooks.

Hey reptalica, is the person in question the same 1 who ripped off a heap of people with his enclosure scam, he was in Newcastle for a while :( ..........................Ron

I do not know about the legal implications of “name and shame” on a forum. What I do know is that if there are no restrictions that anyone could say anything they like about another individual. So someone with a personal axe to grind could lie through their teeth to denigrate someone’s business unfairly. It is not up to the forum owners to try and investigate and ascertain the validity of each such claim. So it is only to be expected that forums prohibit name and shame. Note that the claims made in a ‘name and shame’ post are quite different in nature from reporting on someone who has been charged or convicted... these are hard facts and not heresay.

The above aside, I feel for you. A friend of mine got done for $900 on a reptile deal a few months back. It is not just the loss of money that hurts. The damage done to the faith and trust you put in people cuts deep!

Blue

And not just this sort of out-and-out scam. There are so many con artists selling reptiles on gumtree under all sorts of false pretences to the unwary.

I'll PM those I hadn't got back to this morning.

I had a text back from him last night saying...
I can't do anything if I'm not there, aps is all wannabes, 90% of them no S H I T

I deduce from that, that he is well aware of what he is doing and will only continue to do so, unless of course someone or some authority stops him.

This guy has quite a history. I first encountered him when he was living in Kempsey, a supposed reformed drug addict. he seemed OK for a while. Later, he sold an obviously wild-caught python to an unsuspecting friend of mine, and got into bother with the police for domestic violence, and subsequently threatened the attending police with snakes. He high-tailed it to Qld for a while, then turned up in the Newcastle area a while ago, causing some bother with herp keepers in that area. Seems like the pattern is continuing.

I have to say that MOST of the keepers who breed and sell snakes are reliable and honest, but when creeps like this, with a huge sense of entitlement get into the system, they are hard to dislodge.

You may never meet him, but the last time I saw him he was very lean, heavily tattooed and had long hair in a pigtail. He did send me a threatening PM some time ago when another of these threads came up following a previous rip-off. The sad thing is that he was the beneficiary of considerable generosity from at least one local herp breeder, who gave him a GTP baby at one stage because it was a difficult feeder...

Buyer beware :(!

Jamie

Thanks Jamie....yes that description of him matches his facebook photo. For any unsuspecting buyers *points to self* what he does is he will get you to deposit the funds into his supposed wife's bank account. As I did this on a Sunday it didnt go in on the Monday and he was hassling me saying go to the bank and transfer another amount as he has other people waiting for these animals.

There has been some form of action taken already however given I dont know if he reads these boards or not I will refrain from divulging that at this stage.

Please tell me that he doesn't have friends on here.

Can you please PM me his details. Sorry for what you are going through.

Hi reptalica, I doubt very much if he has any friends, especially on here. These people act alone because their rip-off behaviour isolates them from almost everyone. You can bet that his "partner" has a similar problem and relies on his scams to feed her own habit.

It's a pity that history keeps repeating itself...

Jamie

Hopefully not for long mate as I am going to do everything within my powers (legally) to ensure that this doesn't happen. I know that seems like a tall order and I don't expect any help but I loathe those who prey on innocent victims like those that have also been taken for a ride.

Let's not forget thru all this that I made a silly decision to transfer the $$$ over without a degree of verification from the person at the other end so I'm well aware of my lack of awareness.

Again for those who are unsuspecting or who may have been done over by this "person" please feel free to PM as I am going to document and start a log of everything that has transpired thus far.

I have all texts and records of the convos and money transfers.

[MENTION=3394]reptalica[/MENTION]

Could you send me the details through PM please. Situations like this suck, not only does it make it harder for honest people that sell but situations like this make me real skeptical of trusting anyone that have ads up. I would normally only pay cash on pickup but i know that one day i am going to be in the position that i will be buying like this.

AussieBen

If there were more viable Herp.Societies with regular face to face meetings this type of scamming action would not be so frequent.....nothing like the good ol' grapevine :)

Once he is charged and brought before a court and found guilty it will be officially declared open season

He will then go from being alleged to convicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back