Just been burnt.....assistance required please.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only just seen this thread. I'm so sorry [MENTION=3394]reptalica[/MENTION]. You sounded pretty excited about getting the boyds pair.

There are quite a few scumbags out there. I hope this doesn't affect the way you see the hobby too much. What a waste of time and space this person is.

For those thinking about freighting. I have always freighted my animals and it definitely pays to chase up some prior history on that person, check the animals actually exist and contact previous buyers, etc.

I was recently contacted by a member on here who was interested in buying an animal from Cairns/Mossman, and wanted to know if the seller was well known. I had no problem in passing on as much info as I could.

Only just seen this thread. I'm so sorry @reptalica. You sounded pretty excited about getting the boyds pair.

There are quite a few scumbags out there. I hope this doesn't affect the way you see the hobby too much. What a waste of time and space this person is.

For those thinking about freighting. I have always freighted my animals and it definitely pays to chase up some prior history on that person, check the animals actually exist and contact previous buyers, etc.

I was recently contacted by a member on here who was interested in buying an animal from Cairns/Mossman, and wanted to know if the seller was well known. I had no problem in passing on as much info as I could.

With that, just curious as to the members that have freighted before, if you can't find much info on the seller, how do you go about inquiring on APS without naming the person. I am not implying everyone is dodgy like this scenario but i am just wondering how you would ask the question without naming them?

When I've bought off members on here, normally there are previous posts, pictures, and/or people who have bought off them.

I'm fairly selective of my animals so I tend to keep tabs of what people have and then jumped on it when I see a particular animal for sale.

I have also purchased off fb with many people who have recommended that person.

With the member on here that contacted me about an animal recently. It was a bit different. The ad was on RDU and location was Cairns/Mossman. I live in Cairns so the member contacted me on the off chance I might know that person. Cairns still has a bit of a small town mentality and word of mouth spreads around quickly.

The policy on here is against name and shame. Starting a thread saying I'm thinking about buying an animal off such and such, has anyone else bought animals off that person, is fine.

Shaming someone for an 'alleged' crime is not allowed.

There are plenty of ways to check up in someone. Our hobby isn't all that big making things like this much easier.

[MENTION=35366]RedFox[/MENTION], Thanks for clearing that up.
[MENTION=3394]reptalica[/MENTION], again, sorry this has happened, the pair of them look like typical scumbags, i hope something can be done to sort this out.

Hey reptalica, is the person in question the same 1 who ripped off a heap of people with his enclosure scam, he was in Newcastle for a while :( ..........................Ron

I can confirm that is not the person you speak of Ron. DP is actually doing quite well and the things he has made for me in the last year have been perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

The only people I will ever freight from are large, reputable breeders that have sold hundreds of animals. I got flamed recently on another thread where I said I would never buy off gumtree or forums and unfortunately this has once again proven to me why I feel this way.

Sounds like a real scumbag, any one who has to rip others off to fund their lifestyle albeit possibly one on the more skanky side, in my opinion wouldn't have friends only oxygen thief's.
I really hope your able to locate the said "scumbag" and the police can pay a visit. Im sure if this his typical behaviour then he wont have enough grey matter to elude a cold let aloe the long arm.
Best of luck to you and hopefully you put an end to him :)

When I read your initial post I thought you were acting prematurely, but obviously your concerns were well founded. I have sent and received money, to people I didn't know, for animals on several occasions. Otherwise it would be very difficult to buy anywhere except local. It's a shame you got burnt, most people seem ok. However, there are always a few vultures/parasites out there making it difficult for everyone else.

Could you please also pm me this person's name.

Thanks.

I'd be passing that one over to the police. A threat against life is definitely reportable and may help kickstart and inquiry into his scams.

Probably try get into contact with other victims as well and see if together you can paint a reoccurring picture.

Well yeah RF I think on behalf of all those that have been the victim of this scandalous behaviour we should really get some heads together and put an end to this once and for all.

Having worked in this industry previously and as unfortunate as what has unfolded, this flog at worst is likely to get a bond or a fine, the latter of which he is unlikely to pay anyways.

To get a lengthy prison sentence we would need multiple charges and for them then to be proven at court.

Even then it's still a lottery as to what sentence he would get.

[MENTION=3394]reptalica[/MENTION], i googled the name to see what came up and it has been going on since at least 2010 by the looks of it, so if you were to head down that track surely it wouldn't be to hard to track down enough people that been stung by him to make something of it. I mean that is at least a few years it has been going on.

Wow, what a tosser this bloke is. Needs someone to sort him out thats for sure.

I think I was probably one of the first to have a dig at him because he sold me an integrade that was full of worms, then when I wormed her and she passed them (that was an experience) I posted photos up on a couple of sites having a little go at him. Yeah, I got the threats and the whatevers, he has since preyed on another from here that I know of and now this. He is a wildlife poacher, who onsells animals he finds in the bush. I wouldn't be surprised if he was licenced at one stage, because he had a licence back then but it would be interesting to check the use by date on that. He no doubt gets away with a bit of this because of the inactivity of the NPWS. He even posted a photo of himself on this forum in one of those name to faces threads, to look at ....most certainly a tough guy :lol:.

Pm name please last thing I need is that to happen takes me months to save for a reptile... Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Sounds like the person that I met in Queensland and who ripped me off. Bought well put a deposit on a snake for my autistic son until payday a couple of days later. I went to his house viewed all his animals asked neighbours and local pet shop about him. They all thought he was alright. These snakes were going to be my first and it was the first time I saw my son really smile when they were crawling on his arm. Well to cut the story short. I went to go and pick the snakes up and he was not home and the girlfriend wouldn't let me take the snakes. I didn't hand over the rest of the money. But to end it before boring everyone I lost my deposit. Got no snakes and broke my sons heart. So it isn't just forums you have to be aware of. I took it to the police they couldn't do a thing so went to small claims but unless you can find where he moved to when he does a runner then you are hard out of luck. So I got told by the courts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back