Getting over a phobia

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raycam01_au

Reaction score
Have a beautiful little friend that is ****e scared of snakes and I will be getting her brother one soon, so i talked her into actually holding some of mine, her thoughts were they were slimy, slippery animals that wanted to kill you at every chance

love the look on her face, the last shot with the BHP was sheer nerves and excitement in one, wat a beautiful smile

:) love her for doing this

started off small n worked up
1_zps3615c2e3.jpg

2_zps65a1d6de.jpg

6_zpsdcb94389.jpg

5_zpsc48ed101.jpg

3_zps2693ec9a.jpg

4_zps83f73632.jpg

7_zpsecd5bff6.jpg

8_zpse27a0551.jpg

and the best Shot, look at that smile
9_zpsfe7740c0.jpg

she was terrified in some of the early shots, then settled down and was gr8

Good work Ray :)

We need more people like you to bring 'em over to our side ... LOL

Cheers
Sandee :)

Good work Ray :)

We need more people like you to bring 'em over to our side ... LOL

Cheers

thats the plan, i have another person lined up who said she is going to have a go at it, its amazing to see norm"" people actually walk away with a new found appreciation of them, i go through the handling and why peeps normally get bitten, I have 2 little jungles and a stimmie that are biters, showed her how to view the body stance etc really rewarding day

She looks a bit concerned with the baby albino looking at her.

Love the smile while holding the BHP. I wish more people were willing to give it a ago. They might end up surprising themselves.

haha the little albino has a real tendancy to towards the face lol

the smile i think was an OMG i did it hahahah

Great job. :) I can imagine a lot of time would have gone into that, but well worth the effort.

The majority of my family is afraid of snakes, but managed to get my sister to handle my bredli the other day (although I had to "keep the head away"). Working on it!

Absolutely magic to see!

Changing people’s attitudes is not readily done and there is little doubt in my mind that a hands-on experience is far and away the most effective technique. The transition from “What the hell am I doing?” to “Hey! Check this out... pretty awesome, eh?” is superb to see. I have little doubt she will pass on her experiences to others that have a negative attitude towards snakes and this may well make them rethink there current point of view.

Congratulations on a top effort with a terrific outcome. Really well done and thank you for sharing such a positive experience. It is very much appreciated.

Blue

Great job. :) I can imagine a lot of time would have gone into that, but well worth the effort.

The majority of my family is afraid of snakes, but managed to get my sister to handle my bredli the other day (although I had to "keep the head away"). Working on it!

I have been literally talking to her for months, and then she said one night you know what im going to do it, so i was like OMG TOMORROW hahaha so she couldnt back out was awesome

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely magic to see!

Changing people’s attitudes is not readily done and there is little doubt in my mind that a hands-on experience is far and away the most effective technique. The transition from “What the hell am I doing?” to “Hey! Check this out... pretty awesome, eh?” is superb to see. I have little doubt she will pass on her experiences to others that have a negative attitude towards snakes and this may well make them rethink there current point of view.

Congratulations on a top effort with a terrific outcome. Really well done and thank you for sharing such a positive experience. It is very much appreciated.

Blue

man thanks so much for the kind words, I work with her mum and she was saying that she was the talk of the town through her whole family and she couldnt stop talking about it to all her family so you are spot on.

:)

having a coffee now with a silly smile on my face feeling rather good so ty

:)

Onya Ray :) I love it !

I would like to see a competition (friendly) to see how many snake scaredy cats we can convert in 2014. With pics of course.....LOL

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back