What does your reptile do at feeding time? funny, weird, normal behaviours, etc

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woma_Wild

Reaction score
I had heard of woma tail wagging but my girl just never did it.
Now, at nearly 12 months, she has started to do it.
. It's not just a little wiggle either. lol.
It cracks me up watching her get so excited.

My brother's diamond goes bright pink on her underside when she knows food is coming.

Does your animal do thing thing weird or funny at feeding time?

My male MD goes pink on his underside when feeding, i wasnt aware of what it was until i asked a mate, told me its something called "bloodlust".

one of mine looks like the ball from a pin ball machine pinging of every wall
other one sits in her water bowl on feed days and waits then after she has eaten she will stay there for about 2 days

my womas do it when they are about to get fed or excited, mine bobs her head and wiggle's her tail

Last edited:
My bearded dragon does this thing called .... look at the food but not eat it. Its actually not funny at all!

both my womas used to regularly do the wiggle thing , not so much nowdays but the boy still does a bit of the head bobbing or buzzing would better describe it for him without fail every time

My male MD goes pink on his underside when feeding, i wasnt aware of what it was until i asked a mate, told me its something called "bloodlust".
that deserves an lol :) ( and i never type lol) never heard of it called bloodlust definitely a different one , from what i gather it is actually extra bloodflow to the skin surface or the blood vessels opening up more , its pretty common in most morelia from what ive seen although some animals show it more than others and as they age it gets more intense

When feeding my Bhp's on rabbits for the first time they flipped out and became very defensive. They defensively struck the rabbit and then sprang off into the rear of their cage pinging off the walls. Since this date I just leave the rabbit in the cage for them to find. Much easier :)

I have never heard the term bloodlust either and I thought it was blood flow for the skin to stretch as well. You can notice it on my diamond cross a lot because it is very white but can't as much on my coastal and my spotted gets it a little too.

My diamond cross does this funny thing while feeding and going pink called shedding, I know it isn't the best thing to feed whilst shedding but there is a story behind why and it was a calculated risk taken by me.

My woma on the other hand gets very bitey and I have been caught once, I have posted the picture up on another thread because it is old but will post it again.

Attachments

• IMG_1370.jpg
    IMG_1370.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 2012-09-01_09-34-41_663.jpg
    2012-09-01_09-34-41_663.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 2012-09-01_09-31-23_882.jpg
    2012-09-01_09-31-23_882.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 128
  • 2012-09-01_09-31-15_449.jpg
    2012-09-01_09-31-15_449.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1378.jpg
    IMG_1378.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 124
If you don't shut the door in a hurry my big BHP does this:

y9uzujan.jpg

Not the best time to learn that your snake hook is much too short :/
He likes to eat out...

My coastal gets the pink flush, and frequently can't find the head from the tail end. He also rubs his face around on the prey before he strikes like he's making tender love to it..... I don't think he's the sharpest tool on the shed.

My woma trys to bite me on feed days and every other days she bite the bag i put her in when i clean last night and wouldnt let go

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 100
Death adders are the best to watch at feeding time. Watching that lure explode out of the substrate they're burried in and go mental is always entertaining.

Death adders are the best to watch at feeding time. Watching that lure explode out of the substrate they're burried in and go mental is always entertaining.

I don't think that I'd be able to feed an adder. I'm too nervous.
. Ever seen a mouse fly? One time she came at the mouse so fast, I jumped and the mouse flew across the room. And then, on queue, Holly turned to look at me as if saying " where's my mouse gone?"

My bearded dragon looks at a woodie then looks at another and does not know which one to eat and gives up. very funny but annoying at the same time.

My RSP as soon as he starts to eat nothing can move around him or it will frighten him and I have to start all over again, nothing more gross And frustrating than when he is just about to swallow the tip of the tail then something moves that you have no control over and he will regurgitate the whole thing then have to refeed it to him.
he also then goes hunt mode for the next 2 days searching his entire viv for food!

My carpet will meet you at the top of her viv. My woma will waggle and bob. My female hognose will puff and hiss and strike acting all billy bad a$$ and then finally take the food from the tongs nice and gentle. My male hoggie will only eat from the rear, he never eats from the front. The beardies, well they are a whole nother story. I have to shake the box/bag of greens and they get all excited, if I just drop them in there they look at them than at me and wonder where the bugs are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Ewwww I've never had a snake regurgitate yet. Mine are pigs lol.

- - - Updated - - -

My julattens are quite big and strong, they just about take my hand off when striking the rat.. At least they are on target :) oh and they often end up outside of the enclosure cos they roll and constrict the rat so much, that's a pain in the *** getting them back in.

One of my palmerston's only eats in her hide. If I offer her the rat at the other end of the enclosure she won't follow it. I have to dangle it outside her hide, she pops her head out, grabs it then goes right back in. The male Palmerston strangles the rat for like an hour before even thinking about eating it. He likes to make sure it's nice and dead first :) lol

My 2 year old childrens python squeezes his mouse so had that it pops (not a lie!) and then he goes around finding all the body parts and slurps them up... So gross.

My little girl like to dip or eat her food in her water if it didn't already get soaked while defrosting

and she also quite often likes to lay on her back while eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back