Travelling

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

viciousred

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm taking a week off at the end of January, And I was after some ideas on places to go. I'm going on my own, I don't drive so its all public transport and on limited funds. But I'll be damned if I'm going to sit at home and waste life away! This will be My first ever solo trip. So far in mind I might go to Nimbin, Melbourne or Central coast. But Im open to suggestion! A mini backpacker trip! :) I want to go awesome places with awesome views and awesome reps.

Any Ideas would be great as im a bit stuck on where to go! :)

Maybe go up to the Coffs Harbour region to check out the intergrades and lovely beaches.

That's an awesome Idea. I'm yet to see pythons in the wild and coastals/intergrade/diamonds are my favourites :) wouldn't mind seeing some more elapids though that's for sure

Last edited:
I am not from that area but would think that any national park would be a good start. Maybe someone from that area would be able to suggest places like [MENTION=36030]ronhalling[/MENTION].

You would have no trouble in Melbourne with travel, plenty of public transport. The downside is the weather at this time of year. One day it is beautiful, next it is 42c of blaring heat and some parks close for high bushfire danger days.

It is full of awesome people though ;)

Maybe go up to the Coffs Harbour region to check out the intergrades and lovely beaches.
coffs is a great place , ive grown up here and wouldn't change it for the world and it is the best time of year for herping

op , if you do head up this way let us know if you need any info or anything happy to help where i can

Last edited:
Coffs is sounding pretty good at the moment! I might coach it up and stop at a few places on the way, I've never flown before!
Thanks Thomas I might take you up on that :)

Ps Sydney weather is pretty much the same at the moment. 40 one day and 19 the next! I do have some good friends down in Melbourne but this is more of a self discovery adventure trip than a catch up one.

Coffs is sounding pretty good at the moment! I might coach it up and stop at a few places on the way, I've never flown before!
Thanks Thomas I might take you up on that :)

Ps Sydney weather is pretty much the same at the moment. 40 one day and 19 the next! I do have some good friends down in Melbourne but this is more of a self discovery adventure trip than a catch up one.
no worries like i said happy to help , and if your looking for elapids then i can help on that front ( although dont expect me to get close to them ;) ) carpets on the other hand are a hit and miss for me , ive found plenty over the years but i sort of just stumble across them or they find me , browns , RBB , tree snakes etc are pretty easy to find when you look in the right places

So far everyone I talk is saying yeah coffs is awesome so Coffs Harbour it is! Now to sort transport and accomodation and activities!! Excited!!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Thomass whats the public transport like up there? I'm happy to do a fair amount of walking but are there any buses that head out to national parks?

- - - Updated - - -

Heading up On the 20th, home on the 25th. Gonna be an interesting time I think! Can not wait!

great idea!!!! No problem in melbourne for transports plenty of cheap public transport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back