Herp-oriented t-shirt design

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

n3xia

Reaction score
I designed this last night. It started out as a sticker design, but I guess it could be a t-shirt design as well. I was trying not to make my MD look too evil as I think there's enough portrayal of snakes as evil in society.

Would you buy it? Why/why not?

Attachments

• Herps-shirt-design.png
    Herps-shirt-design.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
No as when I parked my car people would know I keep reptiles and I guess the same for shirts. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I don't like to advertise to people that know where I live that I keep reptiles.

That said it is a pretty good design.

I keep hearing about people being afraid of their herps being stolen etc and to be honest I've never really considered it a problem. Maybe it's because I don't keep any irregular or expensive herps and I keep my address/location under wraps. The point about people following you or seeing where your park your car if it was a bumper sticker though is something I hadn't considered. It's really unfortunate that we can't be too open about our hobbies and pets :(

I wouldnt buy it because to the general population that have no interest in reptiles the word herps is not common, I wouldn't want people to think I have herpies lol.

I wouldnt buy it because to the general population that have no interest in reptiles the word herps is not common, I wouldn't want people to think I have herpies lol.
thats what i was thinking :)

I was a bit hesitant about using this phrase for that reason too. It is meant to be punny, and people would have to be a bit slow if they don't notice there's an E missing. I also tried to make the snake silhouette as obvious and non-STI related as possible :p I think you're right though, it's probably a bit too subtle for most people.

Fair enough its only the people that don't have an interest in reptiles that wouldn't get it and who cares what they think lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back