Sunglows are here.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are just a bright albino so why would the be worth more then that

I have also heard them being offered for 7k which in just ridiculous if any one pays that they have rocks in there head

[MENTION=1977]CHONDROS[/MENTION] they are a double morph with both albino AND caramel genes, not just a bright albino. And considering they are not very common and still considered exclusive, anywhere from 2-5K is probably the price range they'll go for

then feel free to go and post an ad in the for sale section at that price, no one is stopping you from selling them at whatever price you want, but I would seriously consider the fact that you're underselling yourself and those others who are also producing them. My point is not about you making money from them its about market value and trends. Selling a somewhat rarer animal at less than market value puts the value and quality of the animal down and won't do much for a breeders reputation either, others will think because you're animals are cheap they could very well be substandard, sure cheap people will buy them and think its a bargain, but if you are breeding as a financial business then stay away from cheap prices. I love a good bargain as much as the next person, but cheap animals are a warning sign for me, even if the seller is well known or reputable.

I dont get it?, how can selling animals at a realistic price ruin a breeders reputation.?
I think that it only gives them a better reputation.

I dont get it?, how can selling animals at a realistic price ruin a breeders reputation.?
I think that it only gives them a better reputation.

Because it ruins their reputation with new world domination breeders who want to keep the price up so they can be worshipped by newbies for a long time while making the most money...

If you don't keep your price up how are newbies going to know your the best breeder in the whole 18 months you've owned reptiles?

Last edited:
I think every year these sorts of outrageous claims are made by people. When we actually see some being advertised and sold for $1200 then it becomes believable. Lets see the adds for $1200 or it's just smoke ;)

cheers
Scott

By outrageous claims, does that mean if you have any you will be trying to sell them for an outrageous price.? lol.

See how many go on the market at that price Rob. How much will caramel zebras be? how much will het albino zebras be? And yet a caramel albino a much better and more viable investment, becauise of the simple reason there is less out there, and a double gene morph without health issues. Why would something more common and less attractive be worth more??

cheers
Scott :)

Zebras arent worth diddly squat to me and many other people, so thats beside the point.

lol, A caramel albino once again not worth bugger all to me and many others, just another peice of cross bred rubbish.

Exactly, listen to the market then. The only people that will pay big money for mongrels no matter what they are, are a handfull of people that dont know any better. Simple.

You guys seem to think that because a snake carries more than one genetic morph its worth thousands more, thats absurd. It is not any harder to breed two snakes with different genetics together than it is to breed snakes with only one, or just any normal form of snake for that matter.
Gee maybe I should sell my hypos for 10 grand each, as imo and many others they are worth far more than any cross breed mongrel ever will. Why? beacuse they are pure, the real deal.

Last edited:
Gee maybe I should sell my hypos for 10 grand each, as imo and many others they are worth far more than any cross breed mongrel ever will. Why? beacuse they are pure, the real deal.

If there is a proven mode of genetic inheritance (recessive, incomplete dominate etc.) you might well get 10 grand each for them.

Having a proven mode of genetic inheritance (not line breed) will increase the price and I would hazard a guess that a recessive would be the most expensive due to the time it takes to create the homozygous form.

Lol Rob that's just funny :) You know what happens now lol. Everyone will be looking for Sunglows for $1200, they won't be able to buy one because people who do have them won't sell them for that. We grow them up breed 200 then sell them for that price in 3-4 years time. He just trying to crasah the market on albino morphs because he bred 100 zebras this year he wants to flog off at 4k or more each. Just pointing out the obvious for the poor folks who think they will be able to buy a Sunglow for $1200 it won't happen. And again how is a zebra which is common as and been around for nearly 15 years more valuable than a new morph a couple of years old and there is still only a handful around? Aus is full of Zebra's not so many Sunglows tho ;) my 2 cents

cheers
Scott

...Selling a somewhat rarer animal at less than market value puts the value and quality of the animal down...

I find it hard to believe the last part of this statement about the quality of animals being effected when sold at cheaper prices.
A dollar value does not affect quality, but quality will affect the dollar value.
So does supply and demand.

Whatever price tag a breeder puts on their animals is up to them, but the animal is only worth whatever both parties agree to.

yellowbeard,-
My line of hypos are proven to be Co Dom, ive known that for years. Thats why i wouldnt sell any to Stone many years ago as I knew exactly what he was up to and what he wanted them for.
Yet I dont sell them for ridiculously inflated prices.

aussie-albino,-
Lol, I find your comment extremely funny. Mongrels are mongrels no matter what they are, look like or how many are around. They are very easy to produce and worthless rubbish no matter how you look at it. There is no dediction or hard yards put in to producing them, any primary school kid could breed them with ease.
You guys just want to make them sound like something that they are not so that you can sell them to make huge profits off a few poor souls that dont know any better.

I comend CONDROS for wanting to sell them for a much closer price to what they are worth, good on you mate. (even thou i still think its way to much lol.)
A pure albino darwin is worth way more imo.

Last edited:
I have them and will be selling them for $1200

Just to be 100% clear, you will be selling Sunglows (proven co-dom hypo/caramel + homozygous albino) for $1200 this season?

I ask this as a mate of mine would be very interested at that price.

Oh yes it is much harder to breed these two coastals together and takes far more dedication than it does to breed this coastal to a darwin to join the color morphs. lmao :p

cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back