biting python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osiris

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Both my pythons are biting at the moment, both are usually placid with no aggression. I'm in Brisbane and it's hot and humid at the moment. Both have been recently feed so hunger should not be the problem. Could it be the weather. Any ideas please.

it could be anything. vibration, scent, shed, digesting, sickness anything. I would just keep the water topped up and leave them be for a few days :)

Thanks, pretty sure it's not sickness or digesting, both have recently shed. I have recently changed the soap that I wash my hands with, maybe that. Will leave them alone and see how they are in a few days.
thanks

did they shed recently? sometimes they can be a bit jumpy after they shed, also what type of pythons are they?. have you changed anything in the enclosure recently?

they have both shed in the past 2 weeks, nothing in or around enclosures changed, One is a 5 year old childrens python the other 1 year old diamond.

Both have been recently feed so hunger should not be the problem. Could it be the weather. Any ideas please.

That would depend on how much they are being fed.This time of year pythons are generally hungry all the time which would explain their attitude at present.

I was wondering about food. My childrens was only feed 3 days ago. They're getting the right amount, childrens on weaner rats, diamond on hopper mice. seem to be more grumpy than hungry

I was wondering about food. My childrens was only feed 3 days ago. They're getting the right amount, childrens on weaner rats, diamond on hopper mice. seem to be more grumpy than hungry

I don't know what you mean by the "right" amount of food, but a good place to start is 15-20% of there body weight per meal. During and after a feed is when a snake is most vulnerable. They can get highly aggressive during this time. Its best to levee them be while they digest there food. I don't feel the need to hold my reptiles anymore, but when I did I would always make sure the lump from feeding was gone before I would attempt to handle.

Regards, Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back