Sunglows are here.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To produce the quality of hypos that I produce, yes FAR more dedication, there are more than just 2 coastals involved for a start. A comment like that really does shows how little you know and thats a fact. LOL.
If not why arnt many other people producing the same quality hypos.??????????
You seem a little bit upset just because I have stated the obvious, does the truth hurt.????

Last edited:
To produce the quality of hypos that I produce, yes FAR more dedication. A coment like that really does shows how little you know and thats a fact. LOL.
If not why arnt many other people producing the same quality hypos.??????????

I agree that line breeding takes a lot longer and a lot of dedication to get a nice animal than breeding this jag to that but there are also some "mongrel" breeders that put in just as many years of breeding to refine their animals too.

Lol Rob yes all breeders know that polygenics is the basis behind successful breeding even when using simple recessive and dominant/incomplete dominant genetics you have to be mindful of your polygenic traits and line breed still to lock theses traits in otherwise you end up with pythons not quite as attractive as they could be and harder to sell. The lack of advertising I do shows how much difficulty I have selling animals lol ;) some people swallow anything :)

- - - Updated - - -

Really is it that hard to believe that some of us are just tired of the same tired worn out cliche's being thrown out lol, come on. Some of us really are just interested in breeding visually spectacular animals because that is what we like doing in the hobby lol, tired old dogma is not going to stop me enjoying making visually spectacular animals. No one denies the quality of your animals Rob :) think about it and be happy :) lol

Hahaha, So you just agreed that to consistantly produce the quality of hypos that I consantly produce takes much more dedication and effort than breeding a mongrel to an albino. Thanks maybe it has finally sunken in. Wouldnt mind knowing thou how you seem to think that breeding a coastal to a darwin is any harder than breeding a coastal to a coastal. You seem to think that it is a major effort and acomplishment. Were in fact there is no difference.
Look I dont care what you breed, means diddly squat to me. I just think that its pretty rude selling crossbreed mongrels that are very easy to produce for massive amounts of money.
As for spectacular animals, well when i recently made a comment on fb that i was thinking of selling a yearling pair of hypos you were trying hard to aquire them and admitting that they were far superior looking to any jag that you have ever seen.
How often do you ever see me advertising animals, not often at all, yet I breed a lagre number of snakes every year.

Last edited:
You start with an albino and co dom hypo now Rob see how long it takes to produce one. Get back to me in 5 years when you make one Rob, or I will sell mine for $1200 each in 5 years time. I don't think you really understood what I posted Rob may be best for the hobby tho in the long run. ;)

cheers
Scott

My hypos are co dom, I could of been producing sunglows years ago if i wanted to,( and even stated this fact to a number of close friends ), but I wouldnt dream of crossing a coastal with a darwin. I like pure blood animals not mongrel rubbish.
As said in an earlier post this is one of the reasons i wouldnt sell any to stone years ago as this is one of the reasons that he wanted them for.

No to be fair I will explain for you mate. I was saying I use the same selective line breeding techniques you do in conjunction with the use of simple genetics. 2 types at once lol, sorry mate. :)

Cheers
Scott ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I know mate but it has been all said before and serves no purpose I guess to keep saying it. Lets just enjoy the hobby?

cheers
Scott

Fine by me. I understood exactly what you meant, I still just cant get my head around selling an easy to produce animal for huge profits. Once you have the right animals, which are relatively easy to obtain these days, anyone can produce a sunglow.
As said before to me and many others a 100% pure albino darwin is worth far more than any cross bred snake.

The 5 years I mentioned Rob do they want one now or in five years when most of my adult females are Sunglows and Snows and I am breeding my next levels of morphs with newer and different names and still get a few random albinos and Sunglows in the mix then they are worth $1200. Now why wouldn't I keep them and breed them. Not hard to figure out surely. None of this will change their price Rob ;)

Once again, to me and many others they aren't worth bugger all, a cross bred snake never will be to us. I just pitty the poor buggers that want to pay massive amounts of money for sub-standard animals
Times are changing and pure blood animals are worth the money in our opinion. Keep on breeding all those mongrels as it only increases the value of our pure blood stock.

All good then Rob and of course time will tell. Plenty of people still in the market for the visually spectacular now tho and I am sure I won't have problems in the future :) Nothing at all sub standard about my animals mate. Genetic diversity very strong and healthy lol. In breed for health ;) lol

cheers
Scott

Once again, to me and many others they aren't worth bugger all, a cross bred snake never will be to us. I just pitty the poor buggers that want to pay massive amounts of money for sub-standard animals
Times are changing and pure blood animals are worth the money in our opinion. Keep on breeding all those mongrels as it only increases the value of our pure blood stock.

Speak the truth right there.

aussie-albino maybe they are only worth $1200 to that other bloke because he is five years ahead of you ;)

in five years when most of my adult females are Sunglows and Snows and I am breeding my next levels of morphs with newer and different names and still get a few random albinos and Sunglows in the mix then they are worth $1200.

Maybe others are selling them for 1200 because they are currently in a position that you will be in five years from now, could this be the case? ;)

Ah looks like the trolls are here lol. Enjoy your fantasy troll lol ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about that slip up I will check status bars brfore answering in future :)

cheers
Scott

Ok just so I can say I told you so ;) go through the thread again paying specific attention to modes of inheritance. If that is not obvious enough for you lol good luck buying your bargain basement Sunglows. Try and point out some obvious truth's to anyone with open eyes and lol next thing I am jealous and think I run the market. You are obviously highly intelligent with that clue you should be able to work it out without me steering the market all by yourself. When you buy one let me know then I will point out the obvious difference to you lol. I'll go now let the brain trust work it all out now lol. :D

cheers
Scott

I won't be buying any bargain basement sunglows or any ridiculously overpriced ones for that matter lol they're worthless to me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back