22 Foot Snake in Kempsey, NSW

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before forums existed, there was a thing called yahoo groups. On a particular group called "australianherps" there were a series of pictures posted from a bloke down kempsey way. I think the catcher is referring to that particular snake.

That snake was extremely large and it did create similar discussion back then.

Before forums existed, there was a thing called yahoo groups. On a particular group called "australianherps" there were a series of pictures posted from a bloke down kempsey way. I think the catcher is referring to that particular snake.

I remember that one it was captioned "huge intergrade"

I have pics somewhere in computerland...if I can find them I will post them up

In 2002 there was an 11ft+ Intergrade caught out the back of Kempsey. It weighed 22kg. That's probably the snake being referred to here. I saw it when it was brought to the North Coast Herp Group meeting, then held in a building at the PM airport. I believe it was the heaviest Carpet on record at the time. 22 feet or over 6m is ridiculous! I understand it was released where it was found (although that's what we were told, the fanatic who had it at the time was very reluctant to let it go).

Jamie

That's the one, with Mick Toohey (L) & Greg Hollis.

Jamie

No dramas Rory :)

There's more pics but seeing as they are not mine and I posted without the permission of the parties involved - that will have to do for now

Thanks for the pic. Maybe the 22kg was mistakenly read or remembered as 22 feet.

It was just over 11feet long.l have the article in a magazine.

Kwarl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back