what to do?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent005722

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi guys, i hope I dont get hate for this because I have nothing to do with it. But anyway I have a friend that owns a chameleon and is trying to get rid of it. He wants to sell it but knows its illegial and has considered handing it in. but knows it will just be euthanised so he's in a bit of a pickle. I am in no means close to this person but they came to me because I also owned reptiles. Whats do you guys think should be done with it? Thankyou

BTW he received it from his uncles will along with 'legal' reptiles.

The way I see it is you should take it off him and either hand it in or look after it yourself. That way you can ensure it is not released into the wild.

there is nothing he can do except to hand it in. Yes it will be euthanised but thats what happens fro bringing illegal animals into the country. If he doesnt want to get into trouble, he is best to hand it in and explain his situation.

Thanks for the quick response guys. I agree with probably handing it in. But he will take some convincing as it is his pet and as you could imagine it would be hard to hand it in to certain death. Yeah andy he was never going to release to the wild luckily but hell to the no am I risking my collection for it, although its awesome.

Thanks for the quick response guys. I agree with probably handing it in. But he will take some convincing as it is his pet and as you could imagine it would be hard to hand it in to certain death. Yeah andy he was never going to release to the wild luckily but hell to the no am I risking my collection for it, although its awesome.

Have ypu tried contacting any zoos to see if they will take it? They may use it for display rather than uthing it. Cant hurt to ask

Hand it in and say you found it in the bush, no one gets in trouble and the animal gets put down and while harsh it's the best thing for our country.

yeah guys I agree with handing it in. I will tell him to contact any close zoos or wildlife parks but I doubt they would take it in because Im sure they have papers for all of their animals and also the quarantine risk it may possess.

Maybe check first on when NSW will have its next amnesty?
Only a short drive for him??

I don't think they would have chameleons on an amnesty...at least I hope they don't as much as I would like one I don't want exotics here.

There have been amnesties in the past
Will there be another one??
I dont know when or if the next will be

I don't think they would have chameleons on an amnesty...at least I hope they don't as much as I would like one I don't want exotics here.
i think his talking about one where you can turn exotics in without any worry of any legal repercussions , correct me if im wrong though [MENTION=20112]longqi[/MENTION]

i also remeber another member that mention one they had years ago and very few reptiles where turned in , could be wrong but im thinking it was [MENTION=492]Ramsayi[/MENTION]

I thought he was talking about an amnesty like they did with indo gtps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back