Black Melamine

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been able to source some black melamine from bunnings at tuggerah, they said it was actually cheaper then the white version which is suprising. They mentioned that you should use a scribe saw to cut the sheets with instead of your average table saw because it gives a better finish.

Has anyone tried this with or without cutting with a scribe saw?
how did it turn out?

Looking at building some enclosures but dont wanna make it look ****e.

Thanks
Is a scribe saw the same as a scroll saw? I cut mine on band saw and it came up nice. But I'm not awesome at straight lines :) I wouldn't even attempt it with a scroll saw, lol it'd come out looking like bass straight :)

Is a scribe saw the same as a scroll saw? I cut mine on band saw and it came up nice. But I'm not awesome at straight lines :) I wouldn't even attempt it with a scroll saw, lol it'd come out looking like bass straight :)

A scribe saw is nothing like a scroll saw. A scribe saw is a tiny circular saw that spins in front of the main blade of a panel saw. A scroll saw is a tiny version in some ways to a band saw in operation and is for fine intricate work.
Google scroll saw and scribe saw (blade).

A scribe saw is nothing like a scroll saw. A scribe saw is a tiny circular saw that spins in front of the main blade of a panel saw. A scroll saw is a tiny version in some ways to a band saw in operation and is for fine intricate work.
Google scroll saw and scribe saw (blade).

Thanks for clearing that up :) l
Btw your builds are freaking amazing KingSirloin really beautiful!
Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing that up :) l
Btw your builds are freaking amazing KingSirloin really beautiful!
Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments. Got some more pics to upload very soon of my latest build! Plus I'm considering doing the Tardis too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back