A few pic's of my High Blue GTP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

congo_python

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I had my High Blue GTP out the other day and thought I'd take a few shot's of her while out.

Attachments

• Female Aru 1.1 (19).jpg
    Female Aru 1.1 (19).jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 251
  • Female Aru 1.1 (20).jpg
    Female Aru 1.1 (20).jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 237
  • Female Aru 1.1 (21).jpg
    Female Aru 1.1 (21).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 271
  • Female Aru 1.1 (22).jpg
    Female Aru 1.1 (22).jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 220
stunning gtp, i like the black on the end of its tail looks like a worm or nightcrawler

Looks like blue diamonds really colourful snake congo :)

Nothing like any Aru Ive ever seen??

Do you know the lineage?
I would suspect high country?

Cheers for the replies guys,
Longqi I was told she was from Aru linerage, Aru's do get the blue belly as she has.

Shotta the Black tail tip really stands out in the flesh.

- - - Updated - - -

stunning gtp, i like the black on the end of its tail looks like a worm or nightcrawler

I'm waiting for her younger sister to shed and I'll take some pics of her too, as she has also got the Black tail tip and the Blue belly aswell.

Have you bred her before? If so, how did the hatchies turn out? It would be interesting to see the level of heritability of her lovely blue.

Have you bred her before? If so, how did the hatchies turn out? It would be interesting to see the level of heritability of her lovely blue.

I bred her for the first time this season but there was only two viable eggs and they did not make it thru the incubation so here's hoping next years clutch will be better.
Plus I'm hoping too bred the younger girl this coming season as well if she is big enough.

Interesting looking animal! But if it was bred here, there really is very little you could actually know about the heritage, unless it was actually bred by the people who smuggled the original stock into Australia. I have GTPs which I might say look like one thing or another, but I can never be sure, because anything that hails from years ago has been so mixed genetically by people breeding with whatever they could get their hands on. To be sure of the heritage is to admit a close link to the smugglers...

Jamie

Interesting looking animal! But if it was bred here, there really is very little you could actually know about the heritage, unless it was actually bred by the people who smuggled the original stock into Australia. I have GTPs which I might say look like one thing or another, but I can never be sure, because anything that hails from years ago has been so mixed genetically by people breeding with whatever they could get their hands on. To be sure of the heritage is to admit a close link to the smugglers...

Jamie
What about the Aussie GTP's? Do you think that they have been crossed knowingly or otherwise with indo GTP's along the line?

What about the Aussie GTP's? Do you think that they have been crossed knowingly or otherwise with indo GTP's along the line?

There are a number of people who breed true Oz GTPs and I think they're pretty well known here. Those I am familiar with wouldn't contaminate their stock, but I would be absolutely sure that for a lot of backyarders out there couldn't give a hoot about maintaining "purity" for it's own sake. And there are a lot of buyers who see no value in paying more for a "pure" animal when, if they just want a GTP, they can pick one up for $300 -$400 less than an Oz GTP. If someone like the guy who scammed reptalica out of hundreds of dollars for Boyd's FDs bred a clutch of GTPs, and he could get a premium by saying they were genuine Aussies, do you think he's lose sleep over it? Not a chance! Or if he had one Aussie and one PNG animal, he'd not breed them for fear of contaminating the genetics that we value? Of course he'd breed them to realise a quick buck.

Jamie

There are a number of people who breed true Oz GTPs and I think they're pretty well known here. Those I am familiar with wouldn't contaminate their stock, but I would be absolutely sure that for a lot of backyarders out there couldn't give a hoot about maintaining "purity" for it's own sake. And there are a lot of buyers who see no value in paying more for a "pure" animal when, if they just want a GTP, they can pick one up for $300 -$400 less than an Oz GTP. If someone like the guy who scammed reptalica out of hundreds of dollars for Boyd's FDs bred a clutch of GTPs, and he could get a premium by saying they were genuine Aussies, do you think he's lose sleep over it? Not a chance! Or if he had one Aussie and one PNG animal, he'd not breed them for fear of contaminating the genetics that we value? Of course he'd breed them to realise a quick buck.

Jamie
Very true, I have nothing against cross locale breeding for certain traits and colours if they are sold as such but that always leaves the door open for the untrustworthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Jamie

Thanks for your insight Jamie..... but this GTP was bred here by a respectable breeder many years ago [ you would know him I'm sure ].... she was purchased when it was all word of mouth to buy a GTP (about 8yrs ago ) just as the two I bought off of you unfeeding in the same year as purchasing this girl.
I was told she was an Aru and maybe she is a mix but her and the resulting offspring from her clutch and the next years clutch from the same pairing show the same resulting traits [ her sister ].
So I regard her as a Great looking GTP and the name Aru has just stuck is all to her and her sister, if bred the offspring will be sold as GTP's as all are in OZ.

- - - Updated - - -

Jamie

Sorry Guys ...but this is alittle off topic, if you want to discuss PM each other. Just a thread on a high Blue GTP is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back