Sugar gliders.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a head up I am looking into getting one very soon so will be posting a couple of pix when time comes :)
One question though for who owns them, can I possibly make an arrangement to come around to see how they have set-up their enclosures? we have bought a 15 piece pack from Ebay with hammocks and stuff:)

Anyone owns one, what wheel do you recommend? and where did you purchase it?
correct me if im wrong but are you talking about a wheel similar to what people use with mice,rats etc?
i see plenty of people overseas use them and have read horror stories of tails getting caught in them and causing quite some damage.
i would steer clear of them from what i've read but personally have never used them myself.

The wheel in question would be like the wobust wodent wheel, Raptor, Custom Cruiser, Stealth and a few others which are Sugar Glider safe just not sold here in Aus or are too pricey to get imported from the U.S.

The wheel in question would be like the wobust wodent wheel, Raptor, Custom Cruiser, Stealth and a few others which are Sugar Glider safe just not sold here in Aus or are too pricey to get imported from the U.S.

It is totally up to you but I dont think a wheel is required at all, in my glider enclosure I have tons of branches, ladders and relevant bird toys that they can jump/climb on and they often use them to navigate from top to bottom of the avairy. I have just seen to many horrible graphic photos of glider tail injuries due to the use of wheels overseas. You will be hard pressed to find anything in aus labelled as glider safe as they are not a common pet here, especially due to the fact that most states cannot own them.

Yeah decided no wheel. We got our first male sugar glider Saturday just gone & then managed to get a female the next night, trying to get them eating fruit and vegetables is proving hard but they will eventually get into the nack of it. Will post pics of them soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back