Shark Cull WA

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but sharks kill on average 5 people a year your more likely to die on black friday at the shops or be killed by a vending machine

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That's why I wrote "safe", they are there for peace of mind and reassurance that the beaches are safe, the nets are floating in the top part of the water and they do not stop sharks from being able to reach the beaches.

If the sharks walked onto the beaches to attack humans, perhaps then, we should cull to defend ourselves.
However, humans are entering their territory. they don't discriminate when it comes to mealtime. It moves therefore its food.

The government seems to think nothing of it when a convicted pedophile is housed within a couple of Kms from a school yet one human is attacked by an animal and they want to go on a war path.

Makes no sense.

If the sharks walked onto the beaches to attack humans, perhaps then, we should cull to defend ourselves.
However, humans are entering their territory. they don't discriminate when it comes to mealtime. It moves therefore its food.

The government seems to think nothing of it when a convicted pedophile is housed within a couple of Kms from a school yet one human is attacked by an animal and they want to go on a war path.

Makes no sense.

Exactly!!!

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

A few hundred people drown each year. We need a water cull! And while we're at it we should cull bees, cars, electricity and police. They all kill more people than sharks.

A stupid political stunt is all the shark cull is. It is just fulfilling a shallow need to "be seen to be doing something". It's a disgrace.

Cage diving with big white pointers is up near the top of my bucket list. I did it by accident when I was 14 with a 5m wp (without a cage). It swam past 2 meters away, had a look and obviously thought I was too scrawny to bother with ha ha. But really they are majestic top predators, already in serious decline because we are stealing the fish they would usually eat. LEAVE THEM ALONE! If you choose to put yourself in their environment you must accept the (very remote) possible consequences.

Cocktail with snakes HEART

The shark cull??
It makes as much sense as this incident from 1913. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_(elephant)
Same sort of mentality. Ridiculous and backward but really,the amount of sharks getting culled pales in significance
compared to the amount that get killed for fins.

- - - Updated - - -
Very true. These people are uneducated morons killing for purposes that have no scientific evidence
starving tigers and letting them slowly die, just to harvest the skin and bones.
Hanging snakes by the tail, skinning them alive and draining the blood, to be drunk as a cocktail with the snakes

But Australians claim to be an advanced and educated country!
A few attacks on humans by sharks or crocs does not warrant the slaughtering of these animals.

Last edited:
The shark cull??
It makes as much sense as this incident from 1913. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_(elephant)
Same sort of mentality. Ridiculous and backward but really,the amount of sharks getting culled pales in significance
compared to the amount that get killed for fins.

- - - Updated - - -
the poor things

reminds me of tilikum, how they were thinking of killing him...
He has "killer" in his name for a reason

I did it by accident when I was 14 with a 5m wp (without a cage). It swam past 2 meters away, had a look and obviously thought I was too scrawny to bother with ha ha.

Oh, wow. What an awesome experience.

If they can't live in the ocean where can they live? Besides we are the ones going into their territory, its not like their walking into our houses and attacking us. Its such a stupid arrogant idea....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you know that every year humans kill 100 Million sharks, that's 11000 every hour!
Sharks only kill about 5 people a year... Some times I feel ashamed to be a human...

It was great to see a south coast NSW bogan fined $8,000 plus $10,000 costs last week for injuring a 3m GW with his boat prop, then herding it into shallow water and clubbing it to death with a steel bar. He'd be a hero in WA politicians eyes...

Jamie

Some basics of the wild, Great Whites as they are known by these days have a "large" % of their diet consisting of whale calves and sick and dying adults and as whale numbers increase dramaticly as with their migration numbers so are their predators as is noticed 95%+ of the human fatalities are during the whale migration period l STRONGLY believe we cant eat our cake and have it as well.....maybe a little bit more respect for nature during this period each year would avoid a lot less loss of life.....just saying solar 17

Yes, I heard a researcher speaking on Radio National the other day, and he indicated that there is a clear connection between Great White Shark incidents and the Humpback migrations up and down the coasts of WA and the east. Along the south coast they hang around seal colonies, and so come into contact with abalone divers not infrequently.

Jamie

Dunno if there is many surfers on here but I've been paddling out to outer reefs, off rivers and islands for over 35years, and still loving it. Had plenty of shark encounters and even my cousin got bitten on the ankle requiring fairly detailed work, but why is it that people who actually venture into the wild "bad lands" and territories of these animals, and in fact in the case of friends of mine who have made a living from pro surfing who spend at least part of every day in the ocean............why do these people love the animals and don't want any harm to come to them ?? Why do the actual people who USE the ocean for enjoyment and who would actually feel lost in life with out it, why are they against the cull??

And in turn, why are the people who don't go into the water every day,(especially the politicians etc) the ones who want to see the sharks dead ??

I guess walking around in a suit, sniffing chairs that women sit on, and getting fat and rich off the people of the country, sort of removes you from reality and the environment.

Give me a day in the office, or a day in the ocean....i know where i'll be.

Colin "Toothy" Barnett could use a decent set of sharks teeth to improve his smile I reckon anyway.

Jamie

A few hundred people drown each year. We need a water cull! And while we're at it we should cull bees, cars, electricity and police. They all kill more people than sharks.

So true! Don't forget ants, those things are nasty!

The premier thought it was a good idea..and the ministers agreed..surely they cant be the only ones? Someone post a 'for' argument. I cant think of any.
Wheres Vic Hislop when you need him?

Vic's probably still recovering from the beating he copped for burleying up just off a good point break years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back