How hot is it at your place?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About 45 outside today :/
Not looking forward to working tomorrow.

42 at Logan Queensland today. We went for a drive to drop our kids at Brooms Head NSW for a beach holiday and it was only 30 with a sea breeze.

44 inside my house. Got the pets out to my parents place in the aircon. I have a cew rescue cats to rehome so moving 6 cats wasnt the most fun.

Adelaide Hills, a chilly 17 degrees in my town with clouds and icy cold wind...

Beats the heat, my rats and mice are loving the cold weather :)

Just got home and checked on my rats and found a few dead ones. I think I will cull the rest and start again after summer rather than let them suffer anymore heat waves.

It reached a top of 48 here just out of Mudgee yesterday and we were laying a deck! Literally a redneck today :p lol

Just got home and checked on my rats and found a few dead ones. I think I will cull the rest and start again after summer rather than let them suffer anymore heat waves.
We have set up a depot in Brisbane so we can ship at local rates. Maybe it wont be worth setting back up again eh?

We have set up a depot in Brisbane so we can ship at local rates. Maybe it wont be worth setting back up again eh?
I like that idea mate, I bought some rats and rabbits from you at the scales and tails festival and they were great quality and great prices. Can you please PM or post details?

- - - Updated - - -

It reached a top of 48 here just out of Mudgee yesterday and we were laying a deck! Literally a redneck today :p lol
Hey, not sure if your inbox is full or not but I PM'ed you the other week.

Probably use [email protected] to communicate. Home - Rodent Farm should get you there. Please let me know what information isn't on the site so i can put it there. Its been a interesting challenge for me learning how it all works, but in the long run it is saving me answering the same old questions all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, not sure if your inbox is full or not but I PM'ed you the other week.[/QUOTE]

I just checked my pms and nothing there. Plenty of space left so maybe you'll have to resort to email.

44 here in Kingaroy. Had to put ice bottles in the snakes enclosures to avoid over heating.

I actually wish i had been in brisbane so i could be checking on my snakes... I am in Europe with a cool 9 degrees maximum temperature.
I have my housemates checking on the snakes but they are not very reptile literate and would rather have suffered through the heat knowing for sure that my snakes were ok than be on the other side of the world worrying.

My brother in law had the opportunity to have me check on his snakes or have the lady two houses up check on his snakes while he was away during the heatwave and he chose the lady up the road who knows nothing about snakes. Unfortunately he lost a young snake, they all live in his garage (first year in this house) and the garage gets pretty hot anyway but being closed up through the heatwave (the lady didn't think to open up the garage for a bit) it got very hot and luckily only one died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back