Latest Enclosure Finished - Sliding front door

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 16446

Reaction score
This is based on a sliding door display unit found in one of the Australian Woodsmith magazines. I adapted it for use as an enclosure. The sliding door makes it useful for smaller rooms; at the end of a dining table, bed etc... where there is limited room for an outward opening door.

20140105_080518.jpg20140104_212436_LLS.jpg

Love it. .if you don't mind me being nosey how much did it cost to build from scratch as I was looking at making one but just seemed it would be cheaper for me to just buy a pre made one

I haven't got a price for the materials on their own as that would not be accurate for the finished product with time and skill included but this one is listed in the For Sale section. The glass alone is several hundred dollars.

Nice work using the full extension drawer slides for the door mate! Impressive! Isn't it funny that in 20 years of fine furniture making, it never occurred to me to use them like that! Honestly, that has made my Sunday! :D

Nice work using the full extension drawer slides for the door mate! Impressive! Isn't it funny that in 20 years of fine furniture making, it never occurred to me to use them like that! Honestly, that has made my Sunday! :D

Thanks for the comments but I can't take credit for the idea of the drawer slides. It was based on a sliding door display unit in one of the Australian Woodsmith magazines. The enclosure is 200mm deeper than the display unit dimensions.

Haha, there are not a lot of truly original ideas left in furniture making mate. The fact that you took the idea and adapted it for your own needs and uses is what's impressive :) Take credit damn you! TAKE IT! Just know, I will be using that idea now! ;)

I'm also planning on using the slides in a very similar way for a router table. I will have some narrow shelves with the router bits stored along them and fixed to the runners which will slide into the cabinet. Very little space needed but uses the depth very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back