Weird behaviour

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit_fox

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Ever since I got my children (which was 10 months ago) he's been doing this weird thing about twice a month. When I handle him he tenses up and try's to straggle my arm them stops and relaxes and starts again over and over. Is this a a medical problem? Or is it him saying he needs to poop, want's to be put back in his cage or that he needs to shed ect, please reply

Last edited:
Sounds like normal behaviour to me. If they feel a pulse they can automatically start to squeeze or if they get stuck on your skin they can start to squeeze. I dont think its a medical problem. Its hard to say without seeing the behaviour and your handling technique. Though im not the most experienced person on APS.

its a natural thing for all snakes im not a pro but my coastal is seven years old and she likes to tense up and hold on or other days she will just want to be lazy and i have to support her ive had 40+ snakes thoughout my life and sometimes they tense up and squeze and others they dont if they sqeeze its better as some people feed freshly killed food to them and they can strangle them to tighten their muscles this is also good for breeding season

Thanks MUsman and Ninabuddha for the answers, it's just none of my other pythons do that so you can sorta under stand why I asked such a dumb question :oops:

Mine does a funny wiggle in one spot. It's like it's humping my arm lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back