is my coastal really a coastal

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninabuddha

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi, my girl (in the pic) was sold to me as a coastal python but i looked at the movement advice papers and it is writen down as she is a darwin python (morelia spilota variegata) so i dont know which she is and if she is a coastal what do i do with all the paper work?

Got any close up pics that u can post?

yep you got a coastal, seems iffy that the seller had Darwin written on the movement advice.
Cheers Liam

thank you but what do i do about all the paper work? do i write a letter or do i change it anyway or contact the QLD EPA

- - - Updated - - -

yep you got a coastal, seems iffy that the seller had Darwin written on the movement advice.
Cheers Liam

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey mate I think it might just be because some people list all carpets as morelia spilota variegata due to them all being in one group in the governments eyes(before june 2013) so I think thats whats going on here, have a look in this link at post 15 so you can see what I mean http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-snakes-37/scientific-name-different-coastals-210230/
I am not sure that is the same in Queensland. Maybe the snake is a cross breed that looks more coastal.

U could always give the relevant authority a call or email with an enquiery stating your predicament. They may be able to advise you about what to do with the paperwork.

I am not sure that is the same in Queensland. Maybe the snake is a cross breed that looks more coastal.

Yea I'm from queensland I know what you mean but I was thinking if it was bred in vic and moved up here the paperwork would still say its a darwin

There is no real need to change the paperwork as it was lisenced as a Darwin before and you have no way of proving it isn't, even if it does look like a coastal. I would personally leave it as it is. Trying to do anything through DEP is a waste of time.

i contacted the DEP they said write them a signed letter by me saying their is a mistake in identification of a snake that is in my custody and then state the mistake and send it to them

- - - Updated - - -

Yea I'm from queensland I know what you mean but I was thinking if it was bred in vic and moved up here the paperwork would still say its a darwin

the snake was originally from Vic but i want to breed her so i have to get the paper work right so it doesnt look cross bred in my record book.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_2688.jpg here is a better photo of her head

i contacted the DEP they said write them a signed letter by me saying their is a mistake in identification of a snake that is in my custody and then state the mistake and send it to them

- - - Updated - - -

the snake was originally from Vic but i want to breed her so i have to get the paper work right so it doesnt look cross bred in my record book.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 303593 here is a better photo of her head
if it where me mate id be trying to get the problem sorted , only for the very very slim chance that you may one day end up having an inspection , than it would be an even slimer chance that someone there might know what there talking about and recognise it as not being a darwin and it could then possibly cause problems down the track , not a major problem but wont hurt to sort it now rather than later as

i only say this as i inherited some firearms off my dad and when i did they made a mistake on the paper work and had a pump action 22 rifle registered as a completely different gun , i didnt do anything about it but when i finally got an inspection thats when the problems arose , it all got sorted as it was their mistake but i had to prove to them that it was their fault in the first place

if it where me mate id be trying to get the problem sorted , only for the very very slim chance that you may one day end up having an inspection , than it would be an even slimer chance that someone there might know what there talking about and recognise it as not being a darwin and it could then possibly cause problems down the track , not a major problem but wont hurt to sort it now rather than later as

i only say this as i inherited some firearms off my dad and when i did they made a mistake on the paper work and had a pump action 22 rifle registered as a completely different gun , i didnt do anything about it but when i finally got an inspection thats when the problems arose , it all got sorted as it was their mistake but i had to prove to them that it was their fault in the first place

thanks, yea i see where your comming from id rather have it done now then later

Fair enough, I wouldn't breed it unless I was certain its not a cross but you can do what you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back