Newcastle SOFAR expo needs helpers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kitten_pheonix

Reaction score
Admins please delete if not allowed

Attention all Newcastle/ Hunter/ Central Coast likers (everyone else too)
It has come to my attention that the Newcastle SOFAR may not be having there annual expo in 2014 due to not enough help organising the event/ supporters.
I am trying to help rally help and sponsors to help keep this great club and expo going.
If you are a breeder and would like to have your animal on show for the day, would like to have a table, be a sponsor, or would like to help at the doors or inside the venue please [email protected] to offer your help or go along to there next meeting found on there webpage (google SOFAR ).
This expo raises a lot of awareness every year and helps new people meet and find there new friends and pets.
Feel free to spread the word!
Or even better lend a hand with the setting up on the actual day

Hey, i'm going to be there on the day, sorry if this is unrelated it's just I've never been to a reptile expo before and i was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me

1: Will snake ranch be attending
2: Are tanks sold on the day (and are they reasonably priced)
3: Is it OK the purchase a snake on the day and keep it in a click clack with a heat mat and hide until a tank is set up (1 day tops)

Thanks

Hi Ben,

Im not associated with the expo at all but attend every year.

Normally snake ranch do attend with some amazing snakes, There are also alot of local breeders and other impressive snakes.

Everything reptile related is sold on the day including hides, bowls, substrate and tanks. With all the people there you can get some great advice.

Depending on the size of the snake it can stay in a click clack. A hatchling can stay until it grows into the appropriate sized tank. Some of the bigger snakes can stay in the click clack but it is recommended they either get handle to allow for them to move or they get upgraded sooner.

hope this answers your questions.

Ive never been to the expo but am offering to help out anyway i can. Where is it held and when?

Have been a bit lazy and not been to a SOFAR Meeting for the past few months. Wilol attend the next one, and volenteer at the Expo the same as I have one for the past few years.

Be sure to say hello if you see me there.

Ive never been to the expo but am offering to help out anyway i can. Where is it held and when?

Its held at the newcastle jockey club on march 16th, they need people to help with things like the gate and other bits and pieces, even if its only for an hour its appreciated. This will be my first year helping out

Hi Ben,

Im not associated with the expo at all but attend every year.

Normally snake ranch do attend with some amazing snakes, There are also alot of local breeders and other impressive snakes.

Everything reptile related is sold on the day including hides, bowls, substrate and tanks. With all the people there you can get some great advice.

Depending on the size of the snake it can stay in a click clack. A hatchling can stay until it grows into the appropriate sized tank. Some of the bigger snakes can stay in the click clack but it is recommended they either get handle to allow for them to move or they get upgraded sooner.

hope this answers your questions.

Thanks Max
That helps a lot :)

Its held at the newcastle jockey club on march 16th, they need people to help with things like the gate and other bits and pieces, even if its only for an hour its appreciated. This will be my first year helping out

Do i need to let anybody know or can i just show up on the day and help set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back