Lizard waving.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gando

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a male in a tank by himself and he's like waving!! What does that mean??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arm waving is a submissive gesture! My little guys arm waved at everything while they were settling into their new tank

He probably thinks his reflection is another lizard.

Meaning the lizard might be waving 'tata' would be my guess?;)

Try putting a mirror in and see if he waves more as a result of actually seeing himself?

He is just in head hight of seeing another one in a tank, so maybe seeing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be about to shed. Or Needs more UAV.. Mine was doing the same , went for a swim then shed.

Maybe the lizard was close to the TV when Mandella's funeral was on and the lizard saw the guy 'signing' beside Obama...... and the lizard thought "if that guy can do it.... so can I?"

Meaning?? ^^ lol

Lazy wiki answer
Lophognathus species are slender, slightly compressed, agamid lizards that are often found in trees. They occur in a variety of habitat, including sand dunes and arid regions, but frequently near watercourses. Two species are endemic to Australia, Lophognathus gilberti and L. longirostris, L. temporalisis also found in New Guinea.[SUP][1][/SUP]
In Australia, these lizards are colloquially known as "Ta Ta" lizards, due to their habit of "waving" after running across hot surfaces

My little guy waves when he can see his own reflection. It's pretty cute imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back