This tree ok to use?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porkbones

Reaction score
image.jpg So I'm in need of branches for my enclosure, about to remove a couple of these from a job I'm doing, I have no idea what they are. Brown outer layer on the tree is peeling away to expose a new green bark underneath.its very smooth with not alot of sharp edges. If you know of any reason why this particular tree would be no good to use for an enclosure please let me know
cheers

I would also be worried about the sap on such a green tree. Not that I have any idea of what kind of tree it is though.

[MENTION=12487]JrFear[/MENTION] [MENTION=36803]Senator358[/MENTION] forgot to mention that i wasn't going to put them in straight away, will leave them out for a while yet. Cut them this morning and still no sap had run by th time I had left work at 4.45

Bark comes off freshly cut trees easier, only some have sap and they're pretty much just dry wood once you take the bark/cambium layer off.

We had some of these trees at our place and in our neighbours place and they are a pain in the but and also a declared pest by our local council. They are Corymbia Torelliana or know more commonly as the Cadaji tree.

[MENTION=34534]andynic07[/MENTION] oh ok,thanks,does this tree cover things underneath it with a blackish soot ?? I'm loving how its nice and smooth and also has some nice twists and bends in it

Yes it does. It is a mould.

Last edited:
They also drip a resin type stuff that will dry on your cars paint and ruin it. The bark seems to peel more in dry times.

[MENTION=34534]andynic07[/MENTION] oh really?? No wonder they class it as a pest now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back